George BM

February Banter 2021

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’ve never seen or even heard of them. I’ll keep an eye out!

I have been to  the Smartmouth brewery once a few years go. Also—have had several cans from them too. REALLY good beers.They cover a wide spectrum of styles, and I do remember enjoying probably 90% of them. Cheers!

• Like 2

Wow.  Spring has pretty much sprung in SE, so I haven't been checking in much.  I just peeked in the banter today and...things got...dark.

7 hours ago, H2O said:

Stop with the shutting things down stuff.  You don't argue religion at a kids bday party.  you don't argue politics at a wedding.  There are places to do that.  This is all we are saying.  you can have these convos. Just do it elsewhere.  THATS what Randy is asking.  Be aware of the setting.  

Every single time I peek into this thread you are arguing with someone and trying to snuff out discussion. Has it ever occurred to you that you are the problem here?

There is more fighting in this place than a bad marriage. This place used to be fun, now not so much. Oh well, it’s gone the way of society. Nobody respects anyone else and it’s sad. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ravensrule said:

There is more fighting in this place than a bad marriage. This place used to be fun, now not so much. Oh well, it’s gone the way of society. Nobody respects anyone else and it’s sad. 

yup. its been a rather shitty winter in that regard. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ravensrule said:

and ravensrule is the voice of reason in the banter thread.  WTF is happening here?! 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

LOL...so, Mrs. VAStateOfMind did NOT buy the 120 last week at Weggy's, @CAPE. She took a chance on this instead....and honestly, it's damn good. I think that you, possibly @Scraff, @nw baltimore wx and @North Balti Zen might be attracted to Smartmouth brews, but....I'll bet it's still not comparable to the 120. I might have to make the trip to buy that 120 myself this weekend, come hell or high water.  :) 

PXL_20210226_002326851a.jpg.502c9fcd61c698938d106832b99268f6.jpg

America isn't getting any thinner drinking Icecream favored beer lol

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

LOL. I know, right? The names and labels are getting out of hand.  :D  That was a great beer, though -- I haven't been able to find it, but Smartmouth also makes a Lucky Charms cereal themed beer called Saturday Morning. Was in high demand at its debut last year.

• Like 2

Ok so I have taken to following Gators Daily. And I have to say their morning message yesterday has stuck with me today and just thought I would pass it along. 

"good morning gators. death roll the living sh** out of any obstacle you come across today."

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Ok that spaghetti hot dog jello ring needs to be BANNED!! 

And who made that meme?? That is hilarious! 

That jello spaghettio thing definitely needs to be banned!!  And that other drink with the beans and broth...ugh! :lol:

As for the meme, I just looked up various Star Wars meme generators!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, T. August said:

Does the political forum not work? Is it a different site now?

I haven't been able to access that site for years.  Have tried several times to register, but never get the confirmation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

I still drink this stuff and I still managed to lose 30 lbs over the last 6 months lol....I just changed my eating habits a ton so I could still drink beers like this. Calorie replacement:P

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I still drink this stuff and I still managed to lose 30 lbs over the last 6 months lol....I just changed my eating habits a ton so I could still drink beers like this. Calorie replacement:P

It's just another type of energy drink, really...that happens to have an alcohol content!!

Just now, Always in Zugzwang said:

It's just another type of energy drink, really...that happens to have an alcohol content!!

I dont know if id compare it to an energy drink...more like a milkshake with alcohol! 

• Haha 2

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

I dont know if id compare it to an energy drink...more like a milkshake with alcohol! 

Well, I was trying in vain to make it sound "healthy!"  But a milkshake with alcohol works too!!! LOL!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, George BM said:

Good morning weather family! How did you all sleep last night? 

Ehhh

Pulled my shoulder muscle yesterday after trying to cinch a girth on the side with no elastic. Note to self check to see if said girth has elastic on both sides before you cinch. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mrs.J said:

Ehhh

Pulled my shoulder muscle yesterday after trying to cinch a girth on the side with no elastic. Note to self check to see if said girth has elastic on both sides before you cinch. 

Ugh, sorry to hear. It's amazing how some muscles will roar to life and remind you that they don't want/care to be disturbed. I disassembled my wife's big-ass treadmill into two still-heavy chunks on Wednesday afternoon to move to and reassemble in another room in the house. Felt okay Wed night, but throughout yesterday and this morning, my arm and hamstring muscles have started screaming at me, "Don't even think about doing that again, cowboy."  :( 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Ehhh

Ouch. Take care and treat yourself, as always. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Ugh, sorry to hear. It's amazing how some muscles will roar to life and remind you that they don't want/care to be disturbed. I disassembled my wife's big-ass treadmill into two still-heavy chunks on Wednesday afternoon to move to and reassemble in another room in the house. Felt okay Wed night, but throughout yesterday and this morning, my arm and hamstring muscles have started screaming at me, "Don't even think about doing that again, cowboy."  :( 

I am not sure that using the  words "wife's" and "big-ass" in the same sentence is a good idea.  :unsure:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Happened to me a lot when I first started lifting weights. Now I don't do it as much but I remember my whole leg being sore for at least 4 days after a leg workout. I discovered that it helps to do some light exercises then stretching after. Alleviates the pain some.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MDstorm said:

I am not sure that using the  words "wife's" and "big-ass" in the same sentence is a good idea.  :unsure:

what? he wasn't describing his wife of having a big ass, but her treadmill. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, MDstorm said:

All about the context. Totally read it as big ass for the treadmill and not for his wife's butt. Treadmills are big ass!:D

• Like 3