Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 6-7 storm?

Snowstorms

2 hours ago, purduewx80 said:

Having a hard time buying the forcing lasting into eastern MI. Most guidance has an energy transfer to the coast which is why the snowfall amounts should gradually taper from what IA/NE see. 

Definitely is the major fly in the ointment. Will be riding a line between enough energy transferring away that this isn't more than 1-2" here, and something that is 4"+.  Certainly wouldn't go big if I was forecasting at some agency. But this is amwx, so throwing out a weenie call.

20 minutes ago, MIstorm97 said:

Definitely is the major fly in the ointment. Will be riding a line between enough energy transferring away that this isn't more than 1-2" here, and something that is 4"+.  Certainly wouldn't go big if I was forecasting at some agency. But this is amwx, so throwing out a weenie call.

Agreed.. it's tough when an increase of .01  could mean 2 more inches :)

2 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

15:1 is easily a lowball with the depth of the DGZ.

20:1 is a good starting point.

If I have to be critical about something, I wish we had a better lineup of omega throughout the DGZ (a substantial amount is in it, but also a substantial amount outside of it) but overall it's a good look for nice ratios.  20:1 or bust :scooter:

There should be a 3/4hr :weenie:band where the 850-700 frontogenesis sets up - easy over on ratios there. Northern parts of the modeled QPF have the forcing above the DGZ, so those areas would be pixie dust. Pretty wild to see another winter event with summer-like 700-500mb lapse rates. 

• Like 1

There should be a 3/4hr :weenie:band where the 850-700 frontogenesis sets up - easy over on ratios there. Northern parts of the modeled QPF have the forcing above the DGZ, so those areas would be pixie dust. Pretty wild to see another winter event with summer-like 700-500mb lapse rates. 
12z NAM valid 22z 800-600 mb 2D f-gen from FSU site

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/banding/7c62624fc44d79ef22bf09b45a28cbab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1