Total Members
    Most Online
    gonglee
    Newest Member
    gonglee

January 31-February 2, 2021 Major Winter Storm Observations

Just now, NJDevs29 said:

Good rates in maple shade 

Yeah we've been under this nice band for a while from AC to our area. Hoping we can keep with this band for a few more hours. Had about 3.5 yesterday then the sleet but I'm not sure what we're at total now (I'd guess 8)

Just now, The Iceman said:

I bet levittown finishes with a higher storm total than Hopewell as that weenie band stalls out over them. I don't think that's ever occurred in a miller B but I guess there's firsts for everything... 

Dude time to break out the hard liquor and say it is what is, looks like I will be 10 miles shy of possibly a historic total

• Like 3

Just now, chrisl said:

Yeah we've been under this nice band for a while from AC to our area. Hoping we can keep with this band for a few more hours. Had about 3.5 yesterday then the sleet but I'm not sure what we're at total now (I'd guess 8)

Yeah I measured 9 here!

• Like 1

Just now, NJDevs29 said:

Yeah I measured 9 here!

Hoping we can push 12 but seems like a dry slot moving through Pemberton rn. Either way hi res models look good for banding tomorrow afternoon too

1 minute ago, chrisl said:

Hoping we can push 12 but seems like a dry slot moving through Pemberton rn. Either way hi res models look good for banding tomorrow afternoon too

I like our Chances 

• Like 1

Have been under SN- for the past hour or so but at least there's no sleet mixed in.  The deathband is to the north.  Will have to see if/when the storm starts drifting NE whether it will pivot this way.  Currently 29 with  dp 28 and light snow & fog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I bet levittown finishes with a higher storm total than Hopewell as that weenie band stalls out over them. I don't think that's ever occurred in a miller B but I guess there's firsts for everything... 

You used to be in L-Town right? 

Here in Jenkintown we had probably 2” yesterday/last night and since the changeover back to snow around 1:30pm, I’d say we got another 4-5”. Steady mod snow falling and presumably will continue overnight. Plausible that we end up with what was kind of expected: 10-12”. 

My anemometer got snowed in! I freed it up, but the cups are full of snow so I don't know how accurate it'll be going forward. Still, this was kinda funny to see:

Stuck_Anenometer.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChasingFlakes said:

2.2" since switch back to snow.  7.4" storm total as of 6:25pm.  Snow growth and flake size seem to be increasing.  Will clear board in 2 hours.   

3.6" since switch back to snow.  8.8" storm total as of 7:25pm.  1.4" in the past hour, best rates so far.  Just south of Phoenixville.

13 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Local news...probably a spotter.

That whole area most likely has 20"+...

Old school friend who lives there measured 21.2" a little bit ago.

Just now, Voyager said:

Old school friend who lives there measured 21.2" a little bit ago.

Yeah, they're getting nailed up there. Someone (if not many locations) will hit 30"+...

27F / hvy snow

Used to live in Kutztown and grew up in the Lehigh Valley. Happy you guys are getting crushed. Most of my friends and family are near Bangor, Northampton County and reporting about 24” so matches ABE pretty well. Epic stuff.

• Like 1

20.9”. Still have my sights on 24”. Afternoon mix with sleet and heaviest axis of snow just off to my NW in the last couple of hours has delayed getting to that number a bit. Still though, definitely overperforming compared to expectations.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LVwxHistorian said:

Any PROFESSIONAL thoughts on how much more Allentown will get?!

How much for Allentown!