Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31 - Feb 2 Storm

stormtracker

2 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

If you forced me to make a forecast right now, I'd put 2-4" for Sunday and another 1-2" with the 500 passage on Monday.  That's still a nice 3-6" storm with maybe a bit of upside given some of the other guidance.  

Its still going to snow :snowman:

I think that's a very solid forecast imo given the trends right now. I like 3-6" with max to 8" for areas south of I-70. This has the 270 corridor from Urbana on SE as the jackpot spot given the WAA trajectory. 

• Like 2

I saw a couple of things from Twitter mets this morning: 

It seems like there's a couple of features that are still moving around (although the trend isn't really our friend for the CCB snows), so maybe all is not said and done? But this storm does remind me of the Jan 2005 storm in DC--we were supposed to get a major winter storm, and got pretty decent WAA snows, but then the phase/capture happened too late and PHL north got a good storm but our WSW was downgraded to a blowing snow advisory. But as others have said, it's our first snow of any kind in years, so I'll take what we can get...

Just now, osfan24 said:

I meant "next model run", but ok. 

I'm sure you did. This thread is falling apart as people lose their minds, we don't need a "next" analysis because one model run shows the coastal in an unfavorable position. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I realize that this is a bit of a complicated situation, but it's truly amazing that model consensus has actually been harder to come by as we've gotten closer!

Losing respect for the EPS. I can't believe the latest possible trends. Still hopeful, but jeez it's never easy. Thought the EPS was solid after yesterday's runs. But, the overnight and this AM.'s Euro is a bit disappointing. 

• mappy unpinned this topic