Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

35 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Woah mesos are stout for CT lots of 2 to 4s showing up. Interesting.  That Euro run LR was certainly clownish. Looks like lots of action for my Feb thread

Euro came in better at 06z again. Actually gets measurable snow for most of SNE now. Granted it’s mostly under an inch except maybe a little more around Luke’s ‘hood in SW CT, but I’d still watch this one because if that shortwave maintains just a little more curl (and it’s been trending that way), then a nice little surprise band of solid advisory is certainly plausible. 

13 minutes ago, Hoth said:

It'll find a way to bust in Richmond. Remember his melt in the 2016 blizzard when the NAM turned out to be right and he went to sleet? There's still a radioactive exclusion zone down there.

I remember that lol. Now he is in an exclusion zone that would send so many on here into annual swan dive olympics with Icey1929 the favorite for the gold medal. What we are experiencing pales in comparison.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro came in better at 06z again. Actually gets measurable snow for most of SNE now. Granted it’s mostly under an inch except maybe a little more around Luke’s ‘hood in SW CT, but I’d still watch this one because if that shortwave maintains just a little more curl (and it’s been trending that way), then a nice little surprise band of solid advisory is certainly plausible. 

You're selling tickets for the roller-coaster.  Been there, done that.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Your selling tickets for the roller-coaster.  Been there, done that.

Feel free to check out until the spring. I’m not forcing anyone to invest. 

But I’m not going to pretend threats don’t exist either just because past ones have failed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Anyone who was fully invested in the 29th obviously wasn't really looking at the Meteorology and just trying to wish it up the coast.

I am not giving up until 12z Monday.  The 6z gfs has the Tuesday POS some 8-12mb weaker as it approaches the Azores than what was shown at 0z.  Unfortunately upstream took a small step in the wrong direction.  The vertical stacking my be too much to overcome in any case...but we've seen late moves to the north before.

Just now, Go Kart Mozart said:

I am not giving up until 12z Monday.  The 6z gfs has the Tuesday POS some 8-12mb weaker as it approaches the Azores than what was shown at 0z.  Unfortunately upstream took a small step in the wrong direction.  The vertical stacking my be too much to overcome in any case...but we've seen late moves to the north before.

29th is gone.

Just now, Go Kart Mozart said:

Azores?

5 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Lets grab a couple on the 26th and watch Feb 1...maybe the 29th sneaks a little bandy to the coast in the meantime but that’s the best we can do. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Yea Scooter will probably do well with OES as that positive tilt keeps NE fetch for a while.

That might be iffy. I can’t believe we went through this month virtually snowless given how it looked. One of the worst January months ever for snow with a nice blocking pattern. Never would have guessed.