Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

9 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes not too many interstates running in that direction up that way lol.

Millinocket is very good most times.  About another 3 hrs north of millinocket is where I stay/ride.  Every area up there needs more snow still...hoping Saturday works out up there for them, and for you too :-). 

One of my favorite areas to Ride. Been going there for almost 10 years. Another Favorite is western Maine (Jackman Area). They look to do well with this next storm.

• Like 1

This shunted, suppressed look could have some legs IMO. Most of the globals have this idea to some extent. Kinda flip-flopping every other run. EURO latching on last night doesn’t give my weenie the warm and fuzzies. Bit chaotic with the northern stream getting involved, so we’ll have to wait and see, but don’t discount the suppression possibility completely.

I wouldn't totally sleep on the 1/20 clipper either...smart bet is that it is no big deal, but some of the runs are pretty close to popping that a bit on the scenarios where vortmax tracks under us. You can get solid advisory type snows on that type of setup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I wouldn't totally sleep on the 1/20 clipper either...smart bet is that it is no big deal, but some of the runs are pretty close to popping that a bit on the scenarios where vortmax tracks under us. You can get solid advisory type snows on that type of setup.

I will go on record right now as saying I will be shocked if we make it through 1/23 without any decent snows......like greater than 3" type deal. One of these will produce, and it may not be the one that has the most attention.

• Like 2

Euro op was close. 

Was just looking at that now...that is super close for sure. I always love clippers that surprise. The GFS looked pretty decent and the Euro even slightly better...I think

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

N Stream dominant pattern is like an assembly line of of Canadian snipers...you never know which one will strike and when. Usually we end up focusing on the wrong wave/time frame, and before you know it....WHAM. 

Thursday/Friday could offer a similar type of ordeal. 

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Looks like the SE ridge was a bit more suppressed on the 00z suite, which may have had a negative impact.

Also looks like it didn't want to phase the southwest energy into the system like yesterday's run.

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

N Stream dominant pattern is like an assembly line of of Canadian snipers...you never know which one will strike and when. Usually we end up focusing on the wrong wave/time frame, and before you know it....WHAM. 

00z EPS was definitely more intrigued by the clipper.

Yep....it's not uncommon at all in that type of pattern. You are obsessing over a "larger" threat a week out and then you get ambushed inside of 4 days by a sniper hiding in the flow.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, Will....the key is that SW energy....normally, we would root for it to stay put, but given the block, its like..."let me have it"...bring it.

Absolutely....we want that thing to throw everything it has at us and dare it to move the block. You'll get a truckload of moisture running into a brick wall.

27 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

OP is useless, right now...problem is the EPS also stepped back. If it still  looks like crap by Monday, then worry.

Worry anyway... as in 'already,' if one is concerned with determinism and accuracy.  I mean "worry" only happens if there's investment first.  Don't.

I hit on this hard the last couple of days - not sinking in?   ( not you per se but to the general audience in here...)

"- its probably a red herring anyway. I think that error is going to be ginormous in that time frame.  We're probably going to be looking a different cinema at different time intervals on every run... "

That's one rendition of the same sentiment peppered throughout a couple pages back in the aught-teens of this thread's century - which... anyone want to start a new January part dieux ??  

But ... people don't seem to allow good advice in here ...actually modulate their thinking LOL   

In this case, not actually believing any storm set up beyond 4 days, at all, would have been the appropriate recourse imho - so much so that it even ( technically ...) should really preclude even worry.  As in, there was nothing to invest in ... before the worry in the first place.  It's like the pattern and reality of it is trying to change people's hobbies and drive them away from this engagement because the purpose of being here ... the cinema joy circuitry shit ?   Cannot be achieved at all - zero ability to get y'all to those highs.   Unless one is moved by delusion - okay.  Excessively high futility for any time range beyond 4 days, when there is a -4 SD blocking hemisphere over top a +2 or +3 base-line velocity saturation.  

18 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

00z EPS was definitely more intrigued by the clipper.

yeap, these pop 48hr out, so lots to track.