• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

The sickness was strong in me as a kid. I’d watch all night. Waiting for the radar. Or the crawl when NWS upgraded to a warning or watch. I nearly fell down the stairs when in 1993 the whole screen went red and announced a Blizzard Warning for all of NY. 

The Christmas music and a lake snow warning was pretty much my utopia as a kid. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

GEFS pretty tightly clustered, pretty much now casting time

image.thumb.png.a29719ad07785ba0992962c3839968be.png

image.png.73e3da16caf069c0a1e8380fc61a5ca7.png

Typically the golden track for big snow in Rochester. Thermals are late. I’ve learned to never trust GEFS esp with thermals. They think sleet is snow etc. Who knows. Maybe rates turn it over sooner than expected and we get an inch. BUF looks pretty good. Especially the west side. Lol

15 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

I thought I wouldn’t have to deal with this shit when I moved way from New Jersey. 

I guess the good news is that we may have oceanfront up here in due time as well. 

Merry Fn Christmas. 

Gotta say, running around picking up last minute trinkets for gifts...this XMas wx (and the NYE Gullywasher I saw on GFS yday) is a fitting end to 2020.  I'm sure 2020+1 will be different.  :axe:

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

The sickness was strong in me as a kid. I’d watch all night. Waiting for the radar. Or the crawl when NWS upgraded to a warning or watch. I nearly fell down the stairs when in 1993 the whole screen went red and announced a Blizzard Warning for all of NY. 

I almost fell off my chair at work when the Emergency Alert System went off a couple of days before the Superstorm of 1993.  I was brought up as a kid thinking the only time that would be used is if the Soviet Union had launched a nuclear attack. I believe it was a heads up that there was an approaching storm that would drop 2-3 feet of snow.  That was the first time the EAS was used for a weather event. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

I think far WNY is going to be over 6”

Thing is that the front really stalls at a certain point. Ya gotta hope it makes it through before that slug swings north. BUF is fine. Wondering about those eastern suburbs. 
Who knows? East or west by 40 miles is possible still. I’m kinda glad Rochester is completely out now- you might not of noticed but I get a little obsessive compulsive and that don’t play well with family time. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

NWS Cleveland upgraded their advisory over Akron, Youngstown and east to a winter storm warning, I will not be shocked to see northern Erie and Niagara county upgraded as well

Change over looks to be right on cue. 12z NAM to current radar lines up nicely. As mentioned the front is going to slow down and then even stall so while it seems right now like the cold air is rushing in and we’ll be changed over soon the cold push is slowing down. I think we flip between 9-11pm. I think it will be an advisory for us as a Warning would need to be 7” in 12 hr and I just don’t think there’s going to be enough moisture for that but I could be wrong. I like 3-6” for BUF from the Synoptic. 

C49F126E-4E41-4E3C-A27B-38B9D00FC8B1.png

AC6A6798-329A-41EA-9D3F-005BFB0C629F.jpeg

As soon as the trough starts to pivot in conjunction with the trough going Negative thats when we'll see the CF come to a screeching halt but unfortunately we don't know when that'll exactly be so.....  KBUF's a lock for at least 6" perhaps closer to 8-12" and Unfortunately I see the lake bands staying primarily South of the city but I never really follow LE events off of Erie unless the band is reaching US, lol, as that used to happen all the time, NOT NO MORE  Man the weather sure has changed the last 10 yrs BIG TIME!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

MD 1875 graphic

Congrats NE TN and Western WV, I feel like puking right now but our turn will eventually come!

My ex wife's fam is from the Ohio/WVA border area. I've been there several times. The fact that they are getting a White XMas dumping and we are manning lifeboats makes perfect 2020 sense. The hits just keep on coming! :)

17 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

As soon as the trough starts to pivot in conjunction with the trough going Negative thats when we'll see the CF come to a screeching halt but unfortunately we don't know when that'll exactly be so.....  KBUF's a lock for at least 6" perhaps closer to 8-12" and Unfortunately I see the lake bands staying primarily South of the city but I never really follow LE events off of Erie unless the band is reaching US, lol, as that used to happen all the time, NOT NO MORE  Man the weather sure has changed the last 10 yrs BIG TIME!!!

Not so fast. 18z 3k NAM skunks BUF big time. 0.2” even at BUF from the synoptic snow. Ouch! 

8652CCE1-CDB4-4451-80C5-3C979F56BC67.png

12k NAM looks the same. Absolute crusher (not in a good way) for BUF verbatim. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, 96blizz said:

I thought I wouldn’t have to deal with this shit when I moved way from New Jersey. 

I guess the good news is that we may have oceanfront up here in due time as well. 

Merry Fn Christmas. 

Same!!!! I moved away from Lancaster, PA YEARS ago to get away from the bloody rain/snow line mix CRAP with every system.... isn't much better here!!!!!

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Same!!!! I moved away from Lancaster, PA YEARS ago to get away from the bloody rain/snow line mix CRAP with every system.... isn't much better here!!!!!

Matt are you in BUF right now lol? 

Can’t make this stuff up. If we’re gonna miss it by a few miles after being a lock for the better part of the last 2-3 days that’s really gonna be the cherry on top to 2020. I’d rather be in Cuse and miss it by 150-200 miles than miss it by 20 miles. 

Gotta take a break from the models for tonight or I’m gonna lose it, if I haven’t already lol.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Matt are you in BUF right now lol? 

Can’t make this stuff up. If we’re gonna miss it by a few miles after being a lock for the better part of the last 2-3 days that’s really gonna be the cherry on top to 2020. I’d rather be in Cuse and miss it by 150-200 miles than miss it by 20 miles. 

Gotta take a break from the models for tonight or I’m gonna lose it, if I haven’t already lol.

Ha! Nope...still in Tennessee where winter is still trolling me with developing snow off to my east. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1