• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, that NW slow of N ME would be geographically perfect....find a small stream and a yard stick and just live off the land lol

Head to 9 mile bridge or Big Black River, You will have to pack everything to take in with you though, Wouldn't have to worry about contracting covid there.....ha ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd go near Jackman, or even a bit north

I think I'm going to head up to my parents cabin in Freedom, NH tomorrow and take my chances there. Could end up being decent there if it's cold enough but the elevation there is only about 400' so that's not helping....and man those euro ensembles are a pretty insane range of solutions. But screw it, beats sticking around here and getting blasted by 36F rain and 50mph winds in Hampton....I do miss living in my old Methuen jackpot spot a little although that looks no good for this storm either. The most I've measured here since moving last Dec was 5 inches of cement.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Once you get north of about Eustis, I swear it's like the northern version of deliverance.

I went rafting with a friend up by The Forks. We went into some joint with our backwards Sox hat, and I swear it was the proverbial music stopping and all locals staring at you. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I went rafting with a friend up by The Forks. We went into some joint with our backwards Sox hat, and I swear it was the proverbial music stopping and all locals staring at you. 

If you would have been dressed in camo, They wouldn't have batted an eyelash until your BOS accent gave you away............lol

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Lol..and that’s just the start of the woods up there.  Lots of land and deep deep forest up that way.  

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I get that in Berlin. At least you sort of have the accent. They all keep saying I am “from the south.” Could be Atlanta or deep in the Louisiana swamps for all they know/care. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah up there has some actual towns further northeast where you mentioned...I'm talking more in the Allagash.

Allegash has a post office and store lol.  Spent a lot of time riding there.  It’s remote for sure. where we stay in St Agatha and Sinclair Is the perfect blend imo..remote but still have some semblance of civilization. 

I can understand the skepticism .. it is in part a responsible scientific approach, but it is also rather knee-jerk and biasedly overbearing at times, too - 

Defense mechanism ?  

I see the 06z solution as just as viable as any other - but that's just me. 

I don't care if it doesn't succeed at 16.7" of lightning/thunder delivery in 50 mph wind gusts wrapping ripped power lines around fallen timbre ...or if it turns out something much less. I try to see each individual's potential to achieve or under objectively. I don't see any rational reason to auto 86 the more impact scenarios.  But I get it that this engagment/social-media is really much more of 'support group'  lol

• Like 1