• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

One reason for bigger totals in eastern SNE is slower exit

Slower is definitely better for BOS area. Gives them a couple extra hours to get smoked by the CCB as it collapses east. 

Obviously the clown maps are overdone, but the rates between 18z and 00z are going to be crazy. Can’t discount some pretty good snow after 00z for far E and NE MA too. A lot of guidance is starting to show that hanging tough. 

7 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Euro_20201205_0z.jpg.1b2dc70e7fa2274d6e85dc49e98b3e87.jpg

Congrats to you Boston guys hopefully as you leap a light year ahead of NYC in snowfall. Such a cringer down this way and what could've been. We get the same banding and dynamics but a few degrees too warm so it's just rain or catpaws. Complete feast or famine these years here it seems. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Congrats to you Boston guys hopefully as you leap a light year ahead of NYC in snowfall. Such a cringer down this way and what could've been. We get the same banding and dynamics but a few degrees too warm so it's just rain or catpaws. Complete feast or famine these years here it seems. 

JM  BSOTON     SNOW MAPS    from  all sources are going  to BUST  IF  ...IF... IF.,..  these sounding   are right

if Boston  at  7- 8 pm sat  is  37    dew point   36   

• Like 1

Just now, MJO812 said:

0z Euro snowmap

5fcb24efe724c.png

I DONT  love  the SV graphics that much  BUT at least they are     realistic  and  not full of 100%   ruyan maue   Joe bustardi  dog shit snow  weenie   
jerk off   as if I am looking at dirty pictures   snow maps 

• Haha 2

Just now, DTWXRISK said:

JM  BSOTON     SNOW MAPS    from  all sources are going  to BUST  IF  ...IF... IF.,..  these sounding   are right

If there's a wicked CCB band through much of SNE east of I-91 still, anyone Rt 128 and west is snowing like crazy and the winds at Logan turn N, that's all I need to know especially with the trend toward slowing down. Maybe I'm totally wrong, I'm an outsider but seen many of these type of storms. That gets even Logan to 6+ maybe even 8+. 

Just now, DTWXRISK said:

The 10 to 1 maps are def wrong for BOS. 

I don’t think the lowest 1500-2000 feet of the 00z sounding looks realistic though for BOS at 00z. It has extremely heavy precip over them but a steep low level lapse rate despite N/NW wind. That should prob be like 32-33F paste. 

My guess would be BOS gets several sloppy/pasty inches if the euro came to fruition (and adjusting for the lowest 2k feet)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

If there's a wicked CCB band through much of SNE east of I-91 still, anyone Rt 128 and west is snowing like crazy and the winds at Logan turn N, that's all I need to know especially with the trend toward slowing down. Maybe I'm totally wrong, I'm an outsider but seen many of these type of storms. That gets even Logan to 6+ maybe even 8+. 

yes  west boston   100%  DIFFERENT 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Boston is in the upper 30s

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

0z Euro snowmap

5fcb24efe724c.png

That only has lewiston maine getting 3”. I’d be fairly shocked if it was that low. The only way i can see that happening if we warm sectored aloft and the banding stayed to the west then dissipated.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The 10 to 1 maps are def wrong for BOS. 

I don’t think the lowest 1500-2000 feet of the 00z sounding looks realistic though for BOS at 00z. It has extremely heavy precip over them but a steep low level lapse rate despite N/NW wind. That should prob be like 32-33F paste. 

My guess would be BOS gets several sloppy/pasty inches if the euro came to fruition (and adjusting for the lowest 2k feet)

VERY POSSIBLE....      the reason why   i said  if the   EURO  NAM soundings are correct

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Slower is definitely better for BOS area. Gives them a couple extra hours to get smoked by the CCB as it collapses east. 

Obviously the clown maps are overdone, but the rates between 18z and 00z are going to be crazy. Can’t discount some pretty good snow after 00z for far E and NE MA too. A lot of guidance is starting to show that hanging tough. 

Agree, the literal clown maps aren't happening with this antecedent airmass (unless of course this continues to trend east / slower exit).

But I'm increasingly confident in 3-6" for Boston metro. 

Was also thinking earlier about Ray's map that northeast MA could be underdone if exit is prolonged.

Just now, Arnold214 said:

That only has lewiston maine getting 3”. I’d be fairly shocked if it was that low. The only way i can see that happening if we warm sectored aloft and the banding stayed to the west then dissipated.

I’ll also take the over on ORH at 2” 

A lot of interesting things are bound to happen tomorrow. Some people are going to stay rain longer than thought and some will go over to snow quicker. I’m just watching run after run of the HRRR to find continuity and so far it seems to be alright.

• Like 1