• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Yesterday the Pocono cabin received 5" of pow pow.  Skiers are happy. Landscaper/Snow Clearing Professor is happy (running out of places to put the snow. going to need a loader/skid).

Vermont Skiers who made the trek to Okemo are happy, tired and crashed by 9pm....pow pow all day and will soon awake for another long day on the mountain.

Shore house got nada.....but still looks like a winter wonderland.  

Might see 1-3 tonight freshen things up at the shore :)

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

19 hours ago, RedSky said:

Once in a lifetime never again, reverse train track ruts on roads with inches of ice they couldn't melt, drove around like slot car racers for weeks. I bet the youngin's in here can't believe it but true.

Had glaciers for weeks...probably closer to 2 months tbh. Ice on ice on snow on ice on ice. Insane winter.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I think tonight will be our last "clean" all snow storm for awhile.. upcoming week looks sleety.

If we get a couple inches tonight...maybe a inch Friday then we're due for some snow/sleet/fzn stuff events. In our area we always have to deal with mixing/changeover. Although the totals may not be large we will be receiving constant wintry events which is cool...

• Weenie 1

Just now, Birds~69 said:

If we get a couple inches tonight...maybe a inch Friday then we're due for some snow/sleet/fzn stuff events. In our area we always have to deal with mixing/changeover. Although the totals may not be large we will be receiving constant wintry events which is cool...

Agreed, the pattern doesn't look torchy at all any time soon, there is a legitimate shot I could have a snowpack the entire month of February which rarely happens in these parts. 

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

Any guesses what region Dr Evil aims his one million dollar lazar beam at today, I can hear the buzzing from afar 

Euro? Lol I bet it ticks slightly N again. Euro tends to make tiny ticks each run instead of larger ones. It’ll prob look like 6z eps. 

i think it’ll be warm like gfs for next week

3 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Euro? Lol I bet it ticks slightly N again. Euro tends to make tiny ticks each run instead of larger ones. It’ll prob look like 6z eps. 

Gfs is an outlier with the solution next week. Para gfs , ukie and cmc are way flatter.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wentzadelphia said:

GFS has shown cutters at this range since early Dec only to have the systems flatter and under us as lead times lessen. I expect pretty much the same this week. Lots of mixing probably that hangs on longer than forecast. Im not seeing any torch etc.

5 hours ago, Newman said:

Temps in the teens as the storm rolls in next Tuesday. Definitely looking like a "25F and freezing rain" type of storm as of now with the warm mid-levels but strong high pressure anchored in place overhead in SE Canada.

sfct.us_ne.png

Let’s hope not, I was in my early 20’s back in 94 and that was not enjoyable at all we lost several trees and power lines 

44 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

GFS has shown cutters at this range since early Dec only to have the systems flatter and under us as lead times lessen. I expect pretty much the same this week. Lots of mixing probably that hangs on longer than forecast. Im not seeing any torch etc.

Yea I agre. This smells like a sleet bomb to me personally. 18z para well S of GFS. Let’s hope for a shift S tonight on op and euro

8 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Gfs is an epic ice storm next week

I told you not to bet against the GFS cutter trending to colder coastal tendency this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see the PV squash the entire thing under us and be mostly snow by gametime, but we'll see. The PV is moving into prime location in SE Canada. This was the system you have been eyeing for a week. Dont fold on it now dude.

• Like 1