Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

10 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Hmmm I'm not sure how that sounded"snarky" by correcting you lol

3 inches in a 6 hour period is not even short term blitzed, need the storm farther east..

Just throwing the “lol” on the end of your comments like that and the one before. It’s  snarky and condescending. 

The surface depiction looked better than the output.  My bad. I’ll move on. 

Just now, 96blizz said:

Just throwing the “lol” on the end of your comments like that and the one before. It’s  snarky and condescending. 

The surface depiction looked better than the output.  My bad. I’ll move on. 

True

Well I do for every comment so just ignore them.. Thanks

As much as I would love the GFS to verify (for WNY interests) the Canadian seems more realistic.  Lots of rain followed by an inch or so of snow after the front barrels through.  Then some lake effect on mainly westerly winds as the storm heads through Quebec.  But a long way to go to figure out details!  Definitely nice to have something to track around Christmas though for a change  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

As much as I would love the GFS to verify (for WNY interests) the Canadian seems more realistic.  Lots of rain followed by an inch or so of snow after the front barrels through.  Then some lake effect on mainly westerly winds as the storm heads through Quebec.  But a long way to go to figure out details!  Definitely nice to have something to track around Christmas though for a change  

I don’t see a west wind on the Canadian though, I see a S/W that aligns the winds SW twice. 

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

3 inches in a 6 hour period is not even short term blitzed, need the storm farther east..

Any further East and we're cold and dry Im afraid, lol!  I dont like the set-up at all as these usually fall really short of anything substantial unfortunately but that can change as we're still 5 days away but I will tell you what is a lock and thats the rain progged for Wednesday and it could fall very hard for a time so I'm not looking forward to a soaking rain on Christmas Eve with temps in the upper 40's, low 50's, Ba Humbug :ee:

The GFS right around day 8-9 drops the whole PV right over the Northeast and the funny thing is, the coldest it gets at 850 is -15C :lol:

• Haha 2

That's a Blitz and a QB sack by 2020 standards for SYR. And I'm not talking the football team! ;)

• Haha 1

PW hates Buffalo lol Numbers never match the color graph, does show a couple feet for watertown though..

Obviously just for fun since we have no clue which way the wind will blow..

Screenshot_20201219-113303.png

We like being the underdogs here!  But yeah I’ve been noticing that as well.  Not sure which model output that is showing but here is the GFS, way off!  Normally with the gradient being so tight across BUF I just chalk it up to that but here the entire city and the airport are clearly colored as 24”+ but given a numeric value much less.  I mean it doesn’t really matter in the bigger picture but still.  Wonder where the actual “forcast point” is for BUF on PW map.  

678CCAFB-5368-49D6-8C2F-198C007A95E1.jpeg

09860640-7B78-4CCA-A31F-C7BBF61B9A55.jpeg

• Thanks 1