Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

6 minutes ago, NWAflizzard said:

Snow falling here being blown around by the wind.  Smaller flakes with a few bigger ones mixed in.  Sitting at 4 degrees.  Now this is what I call winter!

This is a perfect day!!!!  NWS Tulsa increased amounts for us NWA folks just a bit.  5-9” for Bentonville in the written forecast details.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoMo said:

This initial band is really underperforming here, seems to have taken awhile to saturate. Here's to hoping the 12z NAM is correct, lol

There isn't really a model depicting you getting anything before this afternoon. NWA is definitely going to overperform in the early part of the storm.

Just now, schoeppeya said:

There isn't really a model depicting you getting anything before this afternoon. NWA is definitely going to overperform in the early part of the storm.

Last nights model runs were all good "thumps" here before things went downhill until the main system comes through this afternoon. Most of the precip came from that initial round, but that's underperformed so amounts will probably be adjusted downward unless something like the 12z NAM happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Yah I got my doubts about getting 5" here now.   Will be hard to measure for sure. 

Yep just off and on light snow here, we are in the screw you zone again. Far NW Ar has the better chance once again then points south of a here a bit and west. This place is so so so weird with snow lol. They are expecting this to end before tonights round, maybe we will get lucky with that and get some bands that give us something. Heck the sun looks to be desperately trying to come out lol