• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

So out of all the models that have run so far, I'm probably averaging around 4" of 10:1. Tack on an extra inch or two for colder temps, so maybe the upper end of SGF's forecast amounts. If they can identify where any bands set up, then maybe those areas will get put under a Winter Storm Warning as they may exceed 6".

1 minute ago, JoMo said:

So out of all the models that have run so far, I'm probably averaging around 4" of 10:1. Tack on an extra inch or two for colder temps, so maybe the upper end of SGF's forecast amounts. If they can identify where any bands set up, then maybe those areas will get put under a Winter Storm Warning as they may exceed 6".

Would be so cool for this entire 4- states area to be under a Winter warning at the same time.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoMo said:

Would say that is a fair assessment, although you could push the 10 inch range on high side 

6 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

Would say that is a fair assessment, although you could push the 10 inch range on high side 

I like to keep my expectations low so it has a better chance of overperforming. Plus, the continuation of the slow SE slide of the QPF is a worry.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

image.png.13425b1856ffeb52b27bf44a04cf80ab.pngNorman has some text to go with it. Basically talking about that first band we are seeing on models and how it’ll provide some noticeable added inches before the “main event”,

Right over my house 

TSA.

Our attention then focuses on the winter storm which is expected
to impact parts of eastern Oklahoma after midnight tonight. The
latest hi-res guidance has shown a consistent signal for a heavy
but narrow frontogenetical band to set up somewhere over central
and eastern Oklahoma ahead of the main wave of snow. This
potential band will need to be watched for a quick 2 to 4 inches
if not more before sunrise. As a result, locations within this
band will see conditions deteriorate rapidly. The exact location
of this band is still in question and the details of the winter
storm overall will be ironed out in the afternoon forecast
package.

Looks fairly similar to last night's run, SW MO and central OK doesn't get as much, but NW AR gets a little more(goes from about 6 to almost 8).

Tulsa down 1.5 inches. Interestingly, the Euro isn't sniffing out the heavy band that sets up tonight, like the short range models are, so that will make a difference if it happens.

1613433600-hyZ525XZNQ0.png

2 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

Looks fairly similar to last night's run, SW MO and central OK doesn't get as much, but NW AR gets a little more(goes from about 6 to almost 8).

Tulsa down 1.5 inches. Interestingly, the Euro isn't sniffing out the heavy band that sets up tonight, like the short range models are, so that will make a difference if it happens.

1613433600-hyZ525XZNQ0.png

Looking good. Congrats OKC. Lets bring this one home. Doesn't happen down there all too often. 

5 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

Looks fairly similar, SW MO and central OK doesn't get as much, but NW AR gets a little more(goes from about 6 to almost 8).

Nah, Tulsa has gone down: 

12z Yesterday: 0.7"
00z last night: 0.5"
12z today: 0.3"

OKC: 

12z Yesterday: 0.8"
00z last night:  0.7"
12z today: 0.5"

Joplin went from 0.5" to 0.3"

From 0.4" to 0.3" at Moweatherguys's house.

• Like 1