• Member Statistics

    16,542
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    feyt
    Newest Member
    feyt
    Joined
paweather

Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The great Canderson windstorm of 2020 has arrived here in the historic district. The whole house is shaking. Some of these gusts are crazy!

Yes indeed!

I had a company come to my house today to clean our gutters. Their ladder fell and made a crazy loud sound. I thought for sure that I would be calling 9-1-1, but it was just the ladder that fell and not the guy. It did strand 2 guys on my roof, but I was able to hoist the ladder back up for them to get down!

That wind meant business!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, canderson said:

Has a nice little squall come through the city about 30 minutes ago. Had some graupel but it was mostly snow for about 2 minutes. 

Yes, same thing in Marysville this afternoon!

We are officially on the board with first snow flakes of the year!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes indeed!

I had a company come to my house today to clean our gutters. Their ladder fell and made a crazy loud sound. I thought for sure that I would be calling 9-1-1, but it was just the ladder that fell and not the guy. It did strand 2 guys on my roof, but I was able to hoist the ladder back up for them to get down!

That wind meant business!

Who’d you use? I need my cleaned too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, paweather said:

Welp 384 12z GFS setup looks good. :lol: But looks like a cutter:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_64.png

 

No, that fantasy storm looks like a widespread front end CTP 3 to 6 inch special ending as a mix. The 1036 High over PA just needs to hold in place a little longer to deliver 6 + of snow to all of us! Let’s lock it in!

Ok, back to reality...It’s great to see Op runs taking us into early December!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A wintry low of 20.3 degrees early this morning with widespread frost.  I also recorded a trace of snow late Tuesday afternoon when for about 5 minutes a moderate snow shower passed through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

No, that fantasy storm looks like a widespread front end CTP 3 to 6 inch special ending as a mix. The 1036 High over PA just needs to hold in place a little longer to deliver 6 + of snow to all of us! Let’s lock it in!

Ok, back to reality...It’s great to see Op runs taking us into early December!

Love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we head towards the end of the month, the PNA looks to go positive, which would put the trough in the east. The pattern looks to get active which could present us with winter storm opportunities.

 The 6z GFS showed one of those opportunities during the first week of December. Let’s just try to move this storm 50 to 75 miles to the east to get all of us in the jackpot zone!

 

 

4E98E565-9B25-4B50-AF27-C5B1A325322A.png

822C9D7B-7C79-42F4-BDEB-43BAEA8B99B2.png

25480F37-6C80-4156-A3E7-E15BD4268CF0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

As we head towards the end of the month, the PNA looks to go positive, which would put the trough in the east. The pattern looks to get active which could present us with winter storm opportunities.

 The 6z GFS showed one of those opportunities during the first week of December. Let’s just try to move this storm 50 to 75 miles to the east to get all of us in the jackpot zone!

 

 

4E98E565-9B25-4B50-AF27-C5B1A325322A.png

822C9D7B-7C79-42F4-BDEB-43BAEA8B99B2.png

25480F37-6C80-4156-A3E7-E15BD4268CF0.png

Ahh what a sign of relief!  Blizz first snow maps. Thanks my man, let’s hope for many more of these as met winter begins

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

As we head towards the end of the month, the PNA looks to go positive, which would put the trough in the east. The pattern looks to get active which could present us with winter storm opportunities.

 The 6z GFS showed one of those opportunities during the first week of December. Let’s just try to move this storm 50 to 75 miles to the east to get all of us in the jackpot zone!

 

 

4E98E565-9B25-4B50-AF27-C5B1A325322A.png

822C9D7B-7C79-42F4-BDEB-43BAEA8B99B2.png

25480F37-6C80-4156-A3E7-E15BD4268CF0.png

A foot for me?  I'll take it.   :snowing:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all should hope my surgeon clears me to go back to work when I see him again on 12/3. With my luck the way it is, almost every time I start a new job during the winter months, we get a snowstorm on my first day in the truck....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Voyager said:

You all should hope my surgeon clears me to go back to work when I see him again on 12/3. With my luck the way it is, almost every time I start a new job during the winter months, we get a snowstorm on my first day in the truck....

F winter, you’ve been out of work for 7-8 months so I hope you get cleared regardless of what snow we (won’t) get. 

Gut tells me it’ll be a pretty boring winter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, canderson said:

F winter, you’ve been out of work for 7-8 months so I hope you get cleared regardless of what snow we (won’t) get. 

Gut tells me it’ll be a pretty boring winter. 

That seems to be the consensus right now...

However, if we can find a way to fail in a good pattern, there's no reason to think that we can't score in a bad one. 95-96 wasn't a good pattern until I scored 42" in 5 days.  :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That seems to be the consensus right now...

However, if we can find a way to fail in a good pattern, there's no reason to think that we can't score in a bad one. 95-96 wasn't a good pattern until I scored 42" in 5 days.  :)

That week in 96 and that winter were epic for so many reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.