• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PoZitron20
    Newest Member
    PoZitron20

Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Snowing in the south - maybe we’ll have another season like like last year where the south is more of a winter spot than SC Pa. 

Some locations between 1000 and 2000 feet in Middle and East Tennessee are reporting 2". Gatlinburg has several. The mountains are getting quite a bit.

Nashville has received 0.5", and I think we're done unless a passing snow shower is heavy enough. I'll take it, though. It's November, and half an inch is more than we've had all season for several winters I've been alive for. (Take a look at my sig, for instance.) 

Others in the hall of infamy include '03-04 and '04-05. Those produced 0.1" both years in Nashville. So little that I wonder how they even measured that.

• Like 1

The ensembles are improving their snow look for the Second week of December. The amounts have slowly been improving the last few runs.

The overall look of the pattern looks good for chances. That’s all that we can ask for...it’s good to just be in the game instead of facing a shutout pattern. Hopefully we are tracking a specific threat in the not too distant future.

1675E9BF-038C-49E5-8B8D-09057D3D1330.png

DD17BF45-18A2-4523-8A50-A21A9EBCD481.png

9BFA632D-D60D-4BB9-87E2-22739A35520C.png

• Like 1

On November 29, 2020 at 1:53 PM, canderson said:

Last week when CTP predicted 1.25” rain we got less than .25”. This looks more promising. It who knows.

Also what a gorgeous day!

I ended up with 0.63" overnight and this morning.

The 0z Euro Op run looked interesting for a couple of snow chances next week.

First, it shows a Clipper that brings light snow to us on Monday into Tuesday.

Then it has a coastal storm for the end of next week.

Fun tracking times are ahead!

1EC893CB-15B6-4FB9-8794-2A1E85057EC5.png

3085DFE9-82D5-4692-83F4-3414402750F8.png

7F840288-1B20-4FB6-9868-DDF073EB4A33.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paweather said:

Western and NW PA getting crushed today. Jealous!

3 hours ago, paweather said:

THe ultimate rarity. 

• Like 2

Got a coating on cars, house roofs, and some stickage on the grass blades in the yard here. Anyone else east of the big river seeing any kind of accumulation?

7 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Got a coating on cars, house roofs, and some stickage on the grass blades in the yard here. Anyone else east of the big river seeing any kind of accumulation?

Congrats! I had on & off flurries today here in Marysville. 

Happy Met. Winter everyone !!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Superstorm said:

That weekend storm is close on GFS.

Yes, this weekend’s storm can’t be totally ruled out for CTP.

The 18z EPS mean puts us in the ballgame & the Control run actually gets the job done for CTP snow this weekend.
We would need a perfect track with an intensifying low that puts dynamics in play to get us cold enough to snow when the precip rates are good.

It will interesting to track this one over the next few days. If this doesn’t hit, at least we are at the beginning of our window of opportunity over the next 2 weeks.

42CD79CD-024F-43A8-A0BC-8E3712DB5473.png

0B89855D-3821-4707-AB25-CF291D604C58.png

EC4E5EE7-0383-4AF7-BE59-23D37BE6F3B3.png

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Had to take the obligatory first snow pic...lol

FB_IMG_1606877762339.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, paweather said:

you forgot Northern.  Left cabin and it was snowing nicely.  up top of mtn near Coudersport has 5" as of an hour ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@pasnownut

what do you think of our winter storm chances during the first half of December?

really havent looked since before thanksgiving.  Just getting back into the swing of things.  When I left things looked to be lining up, and just parsing over ens runs seems to say window is open for early/mid dec.  Will dive in in the coming days, but yeah i was happy to see blue blobs in the east, but after that quick view, only concern is that while tellies support the window being open, it didnt look like a sustained cold period, just seasonal to back n forth, with said chances.  Like you said, better than warm and boring.  We surely are due.

oh....and congrats to all that got to dust off the snow board today. 

I had snow showers and graupel south of wspt at noon.  Lifted my spirits as i hate leaving cabin/friends/family for our annual trip to buck camp.