• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sifatyahoo
    Newest Member
    sifatyahoo

September Discobs 2020

4 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Also makes yellow jackets less inhibited. They’ll fly right into your face and into any sugary drink.

It was cold enough this AM I noticed several bees wearing yellow jackets! :P

36 yesterday, 37 this morning. 

• Like 1

This recent cool to cold period in our area is even more impressive when you consider it bucks the trend of the last 10 years, and also counters what in our area is the month with the most warming compared to normal during the past 30 years.  Indeed, as mentioned before,  the warm Atlantic has extended the summer well into October many times here recently. Many locations have set record highs late in the warm season on the periphery of the warm Western Atlantic waters/ WAR .   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Weather Will said:

First scattered light frost in Brunswick this am.  Was actually a little surprised, but I see Sterling posted a frost advisory at 1am....

it had previously been a Freeze Warning but then was downgraded.

a low of 38 here.

2 hours ago, frd said:

This recent cool to cold period in our area is even more impressive when you consider it bucks the trend of the last 10 years, and also counters what in our area is the month with the most warming compared to normal during the past 30 years.  Indeed, as mentioned before,  the warm Atlantic has extended the summer well into October many times here recently. Many locations have set record highs late in the warm season on the periphery of the warm Western Atlantic waters/ WAR .   

Nice map- the summer creep into September is for real here.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, frd said:

Interesting map but its odd that counties in the upper Midwest bordering each other have January and July results.  It'd make more sense if the months were close to each other.

• Thanks 1

I have followed the PNA, EPO, NAO and AO for decades, but this is one crazy drop and rebound for the PNA. If true, expect some interesting weather. 

604714737_pna.sprd2(1).thumb.gif.1b3682fef6d4209df9bb8fab63275c25.gif

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, frd said:

I have followed the PNA, EPO, NAO and AO for decades, but this is one crazy drop and rebound for the PNA. If true, expect some interesting weather. 

604714737_pna.sprd2(1).thumb.gif.1b3682fef6d4209df9bb8fab63275c25.gif

When I look at that all I see is the long stretch of positive PNA and just knowing that’s about to flip negative for about 6 months

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

When I look at that all I see is the long stretch of positive PNA and just knowing that’s about to flip negative for about 6 months

I share your sentiment,  but hopefully the winter outcome will at least go our way some of the times. :santa:

@WinterWxLuvr to possible improve your perceptions, away from the PNA and looking for at least some positives for the upcoming winter I give you this ( below ) . Like to see this November,  but I will take what I can given the latest climate model outlooks for the upcoming winter.  

Posting this here, versus the winter thread,  because it is happening now and also to go along with your comment about the PNA. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, frd said:

@WinterWxLuvr to possible improve your perceptions, away from the PNA and looking for at least some positives for the upcoming winter I give you this ( below ) . Like to see this November,  but I will take what I can given the latest climate model outlooks for the upcoming winter.  

Posting this here, versus the winter thread,  because it is happening now and also to go along with your comment about the PNA. 

LOL. What a hack this dude is. He pulls this shit every year. No, there is no proven connection between a -AO/NAO in Sept and October, and what may transpire in the HL region in December and beyond. Its a crapshoot, and based on recent winters, and prospects for a moderate a NINA this winter, odds are this wont work out too well.