Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueValleyHVAC
    Newest Member
    BlueValleyHVAC
George BM

September Banter 2020

1 hour ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Let me know how accurate the rain readings are.  Do you have a cocarahs gauge by chance to compare?   

No, but I am equally curious so I am going to buy one and will let you know.

• Like 1

Lamar continuing to look Lamarkable! Other than the TD passes...my favorite pass had to be that beautiful 47-yarder to Hollywood in the first half. That shows he's been working on his deep ball! And overall...dude somehow looked sharper today! If he has indeed gotten even BETTER at passing...whoa boy, watch out!

20 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Lamar continuing to look Lamarkable! Other than the TD passes...my favorite pass had to be that beautiful 47-yarder to Hollywood in the first half. That shows he's been working on his deep ball! And overall...dude somehow looked sharper today! If he has indeed gotten even BETTER at passing...whoa boy, watch out!

He has more weapons this year too, so no need to run as much. Andrews is still a beast, plus Hollywood is healthy, and as if we needed more talent at RB, I love Dobbins. Dare I say he reminds me of Emmitt Smith..

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

My fantasy football opponent has 186 points this week. I’m only 80 points back with one player left. 

I entered a survival pool today at 12:43PM for $20.

At 3:48PM I was out 20 bucks when the Jaguars beat Indy. Should have bought mega million tickets.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

27 unanswered points. @H2O is letting the kids have cake for dinner tonight!

No.  They still played a crap first half.  That means the kids get to sit at the table instead of outside with the farm animals.  

But what a tale of two halves.  That INT before halftime turned the team around.  Haskins has got to play better but can't fault the D for how they played.  Wentz is feeling it this morning.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:38 AM, RDM said:

Interesting.  Given how relatively new the unit is, makes you wonder if there was a defect at the point of manufacture.  Hope the system provides trouble-free service going forward.  

thanks!

7 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I entered a survival pool today at 12:43PM for $20.

At 3:48PM I was out 20 bucks when the Jaguars beat Indy. Should have bought mega million tickets.

Or a six pack of IPA. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, gunny23 said:

Is that Red Gate?  My daughter rides there

Yes it is. We were supposed to show at Sandstone last weekend but her pony decided to pull a shoe. So we did Red Gate this weekend to make up for it. Beautiful facility and it was a beautiful day to show yesterday. :)

28 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Ok so I just checked this out. Love that it has no moving parts and it just a simple design. 

You can link to Wunderground and there's specific guidance they reference from WMO and COCORAHS on instrument sighting.  Their interface is pretty nice too.  Here's my station data:  https://tempestwx.com/station/28172/

• Like 2

Speaking of weather stations, I'm moving my anemometer onto the pitch of the roof this weekend to hopefully get much more accurate wind measurements.  Since I'm afraid of heights, I'm having a local contractor do it.  :yikes:  Will be cool to track cold fronts in the winter here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

You'll be able to spot Uranus without a telescope this week. It will only be visible for a few days.

Seriously though, that’s pretty cool.  I’ve also been enjoying the slow conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter this year that culminates in December (I think).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

You'll be able to spot Uranus without a telescope this week. It will only be visible for a few days.

Where in the sky and when can it be viewed?

17 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

The jokes write themselves for this post.

• Like 2