• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Irish
    Newest Member
    Irish

2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Nice score Bucket! I'm hopefully heading up Mt. Mitchell tomorrow with a buddy. Always wanted to go up in the snow but a long, steep hike in awaits. Interested to see how much snow they have up there after today's NW flow.
Sounds like fun man! Stay warm...and congrats again to you and the wife!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Tyler Penland said:
4 hours ago, MotoWeatherman said:
Looks like about 7 inches or so here on beech at 4650.  Still getting steady snow so could end up with 8 or 9 before it's over. 
PXL_20201201_200107519.thumb.jpg.3efc9f6237d6dba5b18f58fd4d7e134c.jpg

Grand total of an inch just down the hill from ya. Gotta love living on a SE slope. Even my 3300ft won't save me.

Lol.  Elevation is king...always

• Like 2

Nice pics peeps. Every time I try to upload it says it's to large and I not going through the compression fiasco.

Didn't get as much as Bucket but did measure a little over 8". Some big drifts on the backside of the property. 

Still some flurries with a temp of 17.4. Winds have increased a little too making for a very chilly evening. What a great little event to kick off the season!!

• Like 8

Just now, SnoJoe said:

Nice pics peeps. Every time I try to upload it says it's to large and I not going through the compression fiasco.

Didn't get as much as Bucket but did measure a little over 8". Some big drifts on the backside of the property. 

Still some flurries with a temp of 17.4. Winds have increased a little too making for a very chilly evening. What a great little event to kick off the season!!

Yep a great way to start the season.  Ended up with 4 inches. It was a great start to the season. 

• Like 4

Made it up to Boone today. Around three inches from what I saw, but most importantly, a nice steady snowfall the entire time I was there. I miss being at a higher elevation but it makes the snow all that more special when I can make time for a short trip. Enjoy fellas. Fingers crossed that it’s just the start. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Met1985 said:

Going to be a cold one tonight.  Already down to 16 degrees. 

Yep, 18 here.  Glad I finally got around to putting antifreeze in my camper water lines yesterday afternoon. 

• Like 1

Thanks, glad to be back. I’ve been keeping up with things lurking around not logged in since I couldn’t remember my login info and it wasn’t saved like I was saying the other day.  Life has been crazy this year, which I think everyone has felt at some point or another and uttered those words lol.  

• Like 2

The Skyway total is amazing.

I can literally throw a stone at the Mtn Research Station from our property. We ended up with just under an inch here in Waynesville. 

Below is the NWS post storm analysis map. Not too shabby. 

Link to the arcgis dashboard storm total map that's interactive: https://noaa.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/4fe985838e464fb9bb980799443e01b6

Lastly: If you don't follow Evan Fisher check him out. He has been killing it lately these past few years with event videos and now is evolving into maps.

Ground blizzard conditions up on Roan Mountain: 

394957240_12.1.20SnowTotals_SNOWCASTMapverification.thumb.png.062ee5587e9dc21775423b5a659a12c7.png

• Like 2