• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Avon
    Newest Member
    Avon
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

I’m about to make the drive back to Boone from Johnson city as there are now sleet reports in Knoxville (hour to my SW) and let me tell you it is cold here, don’t really think that means anything for us mountain folks, but an observation still. Have to see what the temp is when I get back to Boone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowbird1230 said:

Is it possible the mountains get in on the action not due to CAD but strictly  the western extent the mountains basically reach into Tennessee? The further west one goes,the more artic air is encountered  in this setup.  Did I just confuse everyone?

You might be onto something. My temp is still slowly dropping. Down to 26.9. I rarely ever benefit much from CAD, temp wise. But, then again, I have no clue what to think about this storm. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

You might be onto something. My temp is still slowly dropping. Down to 26.9. I rarely ever benefit much from CAD, temp wise. But, then again, I have no clue what to think about this storm. 

Ive noticed this alot on models past couple of days. It makes sense,cause the artic air is shallow,why we cant tap east of the blue ridge. But it will no doubt seep all the way to the western escarpment. Has no choice and might dam up high enough. Was very discernable.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

You might want to think about getting back over the mountain. Do you ever catch one?

Down another .4 to 26.5. DP is running around 21. 

Will be soon. Gotta make the last day of vacation last as long as possible.

and I’ve tried, but they just never seem to stop.:P

• jburns unpinned this topic