• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Hc7
    Newest Member
    Hc7

TS Fay - Drought ending Rains and Severe Convection

I looked googled the term "non-event".  Funny thing was that the system that roared through last night was listed as the number one definition.

It literally sprinkled for about 25 minutes after 11pm.  There was a slight breeze for some time, but nothing out of the ordinary.  

• Like 1

A few showers here last night. Very little wind. Wouldn’t even know there was a TC unless you were following it closely. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

A few showers here last night. Very little wind. Wouldn’t even know there was a TC unless you were following it closely. 

AWT

17 minutes ago, Brewbeer said:

Less than 0.1” IMBY.  It’s breezy, Just mowed part of the lawn.

We had over .50” up in Greenfield.  Most of that came in downpours between 4 PM - 7 PM. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

I enjoyed tracking it and watching the genesis of it, blows that it was such a lame duck.. oh well.. hopefully we can get some severe before Whiz melts again

Nonstory here, more interesting further south. If we want tropical in New England we gotta chase it.

Sun briefly burned a hole thru the clouds about 10 AM but it's cloudy again, very humid but with a nice breeze that waited until after the RA to arrive.  Some weak echoes showing up to my south, don't know if any will reach the gauge. 

5 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

I hope everyone has managed to stay safe during this event.

Thank goodness the big event in NH that was planned today was cancelled, could have been a serious situation self-:weenie:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bostonseminole said:

I enjoyed tracking it and watching the genesis of it, blows that it was such a lame duck.. oh well.. hopefully we can get some severe before Whiz melts again

I’m probably going to be melting real soon but this summer is fooking ridiculous. This is the biggest load of bullshit I’ve ever seen. This isn’t summer...it’s crap. Big fooking deal it got humid out and we’ve had some 90’s. It was freaking cold through much of June. Even the west had snow in June. Monday doesn’t look good anymore. Screw these freaking models...all over the place. Don’t even run them past 2-3 days anymore...they’re crap. I wonder if perhaps less flights are really impacting data availability? Ehhh who cares...doesn’t change the fact that this summer sucks. If we don’t get anything good this week you can bet a melt is in store. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’m probably going to be melting real soon but this summer is fooking ridiculous. This is the biggest load of bullshit I’ve ever seen. This isn’t summer...it’s crap. Big fooking deal it got humid out and we’ve had some 90’s. It was freaking cold through much of June. Even the west had snow in June. Monday doesn’t look good anymore. Screw these freaking models...all over the place. Don’t even run them past 2-3 days anymore...they’re crap. I wonder if perhaps less flights are really impacting data availability? Ehhh who cares...doesn’t change the fact that this summer sucks. If we don’t get anything good this week you can bet a melt is in store. 
Melting soon? Lol. That post indicates that one is currently happening.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, DomNH said:

88/75 at ASH. Someone issue a swampass warning.

Really seeming like the northeast is the mid Atlantic/southeast in this pattern. Fay didn’t recurve along a surface cold front as one would normally expect. Tropical airmass before and after she passes. Cape cod may be our OBX this year, if you will. Heads up for big TC threats if general pattern persists into August. 

• Like 2

Woke to the sound of heavy rain around 2AM and checked radar to see a decent swirl coming in from the SE. Lawn and garden appreciate it. Morning winds and fast moving clouds were the most interesting aspect relative to our typical July weather.

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

Really seeming like the northeast is the mid Atlantic/southeast in this pattern. Fay didn’t recurve along a surface cold front as one would normally expect. Tropical airmass before and after she passes. Cape cod may be our OBX this year, if you will. Heads up for big TC threats if general pattern persists into August. 

Just about every TC I've experienced has had CoC wx the day after - worked from Donna to the remains of Earl 50 years later.  Not this time.

• Like 1

0.34” here.  

Some breezy conditions at times, MVL has had a couple hourly obs of 25-30mph gusts which sounds about right.

There was a good low level jet though for the summer time as MMNV1 at the picnic tables was sustained at 40mph and gusting to 60mph out of the SSE for a while early this morning.  

30-40G50-60 out of SE for a sustained period is pretty decent for summertime jet across the summits.