• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    donyewest
    Newest Member
    donyewest
olafminesaw

5/18-5/22 flooding rain event

I’m at 6.4” total right now.  Weather radio alerted this morning to a flash flood warning.  I’m expecting another inch or so through tomorrow.

PTI is reporting 5.93” so far.  I’m ten miles northeast from the airport.  I’m just a tad ahead in precip.

Rain has finally stopped here. I'm at 9.2 for the event. Gonna be some humid weather coming up and mosquito heaven..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, gman said:

Sitting on 10.20" as of 9:45. Was expecting much more yesterday afternoon and night. Glad we didn't get it. 

Big time right there! 7.36 for me but I gladly yield higher honors to you. 

Just hit the 1 inch mark for today. Been a rainy soaking day. 4 day total is at 4.38".

Edit: Just picked up another .13" in a quick but heavy shower.

On and on it goes.  Have added 2.25” since midnight giving an event total of 7.66”.  Have I mentioned that it is still raining?

• Like 1

5.37" four day total here. 9.06" in Roanoke. ETA: This is now the wettest meteorological spring on record in Roanoke, at 18.7" of total precip as of today.

New River had its 6th highest crest on record at Radford. 8th highest on the Roanoke River in Roanoke.

image.png.710cf3b3e82213230dd28069cfc65568.png

Rolling along at 7.02” for the week.  Last nights squall line dropped over an inch and felt like the word was ending with the amount lightning and thunder we had.  

With Sunday's rain, Roanoke had its 6th wettest 7 day period (5/18-5/24) since 1912 with 10.17" of precipitation. The last week of similar magnitude was in November 1985, and, before that, August 1940.