Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

12 hours ago, mappy said:

The staircase photo is my fave. Steps cleaned other than top backboard. Right side railing done, left side not. It’s been years since we’ve seen the true wood color. 

sanding and staining the railing has now been added to our to do list. Thankfully the decking is composite and in great shape. 

Nice job on the deck.  Just a thought...   Our deck is about 900 sq feet and the annual power washing is quite a chore even with a 3000 psi gas powered pressure washer with extension hose.  For years I just used a wand with adjustable nozzle.  Slow and tedious at best and when adjusted to a fan spray pattern the pressure is not equal throughout the pattern.  The result is stripes on the deck boards that look fugly.  

Bought a power broom attachment and tried that, but the 3 nozzles dilute the pressure just a bit too much.  (looks like this - https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200747603_200747603 )  Because of the reduced pressure on each nozzle, ended up having to slow down and/or do repeated passes to get the boards clean, which takes too much time.  

Three years ago we bought the ideal power washer accessory everyone with a deck should have.  Is called a Rotating Surface Cleaner attachment.  There's various sizes and designs.  Ours looks something like this - https://www.homedepot.com/p/MTD-Genuine-Factory-Parts-15-in-4200-PSI-MAX-Quick-Connect-Rotating-Surface-Cleaner-for-Gas-Pressure-Washers-490-245-V003/310449923   It really works well.  With two nozzles that rotate around inside the housing, the pressure is diluted, but not too much like with the power broom.  The nozzles rotate around very fast under the housing and really do a great job.  It cuts down the time needed to do our deck boards by at least half.  Still have to use the adjustable wand on the railings, which is tedious at best.    

If you and/or anyone else does not have a rotating surface cleaner, highly recommend one.  They are well worth the expense in saved time and energy.  Much easier to move around than a power wand because it rests directly on the boards.  The consistent distance between the nozzles and the deck boards also provides much more consistent results than a wand.   

Good luck. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

Its true.. this is the story of the haves and have nots.  in the global pandemic scenario, It seems like the more money you make.. them less essential your jobs is..

LOL

Welcome to 20 years ago .... upsides man. It makes you notice reality.

7 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

LOL

Welcome to 20 years ago .... upsides man. It makes you notice reality.

A lot of times.. I need to read your posts over and over again to try and understand what they mean.  But I cannot.. can you explain?.. I want to understand you better :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Is that some low voltage circuitry diagrams i spot on the background compooter..:D

Yes you would appreciate that!

It is IEC sinking/sourcing arrangements for electronic circuits- specifically PLC DC input and output modules and connected field devices.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

So, an hour later, I am just finishing this DFH 120 min IPA.

Ofc ABV wise, its like drinking 3 'normal' beers lol.

Yeah, I need a break again after Saturday. Drank two 13%’ers, a 9% and a 7%. All 16 oz cans too lol. Felt a little crappy for a few hours yesterday. 

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

5 years ago, I wouldnt have had much of a problem with it...now I can’t do it lol. Mind says go for it, body next day says no way Jose 

Yeah I know better lol. I am one and done when it comes to the super high gravity stuff. I might have a glass of red wine with dinner and thats it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah I know better lol. I am one and done when it comes to the super high gravity stuff. I might have a glass of red wine with dinner and thats it.

Yeah I’ll get it in my head eventually...I’m pretty much out of booze right now and I think I’ll keep it that way until I pick up my RAR order sometime next week lol. That’ll be a nice break 

4 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

What DuClaw is it? Sweet baby Jesus?

Yup. Which I like (and maybe this chilly weather this week is a good time for it), but it’s not a beer I want while vegging out after work.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic