• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Hawkeyecr
    Newest Member
    Hawkeyecr

May Banter 2020

3 hours ago, PhineasC said:

It was stupid and childish to not let people in this forum talk about the most unprecedented event in our lifetimes. Some of the posters active in this forum before have been posting in the New England forum instead, so they are still around, just not in here...

As much as I thought some of y’all were nuts, I still found hearing your thoughts and perspectives valuable in understanding where folks were coming from. Less about right or wrong but more about how to co-exist with folks that don’t see it like I do

Edit: Except for the trick. That person just sucked ass

Fair point that activity slows this time of year. That said, this is the only forum I participate in where mods actually shutdown the ability (w/out having to nav elsewhere) to discuss that topic. 

5 hours ago, PhineasC said:

It was stupid and childish to not let people in this forum talk about the most unprecedented event in our lifetimes. Some of the posters active in this forum before have been posting in the New England forum instead, so they are still around, just not in here...

Well you are the expert

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The action here always dies off this time of year. Most of the regulars gradually disappear. This is a winter weather 'centric' forum, despite the fact we don't see much actual winter weather anymore in these parts.

I disappeared suddenly due to a health issue and minor surgery. I’m fine and back mostly lurking. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I disappeared suddenly due to a health issue and minor surgery. I’m fine and back mostly lurking. 

Hopefully all went well and you are doing better

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

We missed your long essays chief. Glad your feeling better. Take care

23 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

I have not seen any lightning bugs?  Could that late cold snap be a cause?

I think they're running about a week behind.

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Good to have you back PSU.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  

8 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Hope all is well! 

9 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Oh wow...very sorry to hear that, PSU!  I hope you are doing better and recovering OK, take care of yourself!

14 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Hope all is well! Glad to have you back. 

13 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

I think they're running about a week behind.

We saw them last night. 

Thank you to all the well wishes. I am alright. I’ve had an intestinal condition my whole life that had complications and required a relatively minor procedure.  Im doing very well now and mostly recovered. 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Rvarookie said:

As much as I thought some of y’all were nuts, I still found hearing your thoughts and perspectives valuable in understanding where folks were coming from. Less about right or wrong but more about how to co-exist with folks that don’t see it like I do

Edit: Except for the trick. That person just sucked ass

the morons do tend to hate me.  congrats.

You're killin' me, Smalls! Okay, these are s'mores stuff. Now pay attention. First, you take the graham. You stick the chocolate on the graham. Then, you roast the mallow. When the mallow's flaming, you stick it on the chocolate. Then, you cover it with the other end.

666AB088-AF49-494C-89DB-1CBE335DA358.jpeg

• Haha 2

That sounds like a beer I’d like to try when the temperature is 40F or less. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

That sounds like a beer I’d like to try when the temperature is 40F or less. 

Yes but I’m an all year round dark beer drinker. It’s better in the winter for sure but I love it nonetheless 

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Friday Happy Hour. Drinking a Double Digit.

DIPA.thumb.jpg.4733aedb7db430bb0c33d40747bd2a8b.jpg

That looks real good.  Haven't seen that brewer around here . Enjoy! Love india pale ales 

• Like 1

Just Installed a mini starter on my Buick GN . Replacing the heavvvy original ( 22 lbs) ...new one is  8.5 lbs:thumbsup:. The old one was grinding . It was old ( 33 yrs). So much smaller and easier to install.  Worth the $125 .

Beer will flow later

• Like 2

13 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Just Installed a mini starter on my Buick GN . Replacing the heavvvy original ( 22 lbs) ...new one is  8.5 lbs:thumbsup:. The old one was grinding . It was old ( 33 yrs). So much smaller and easier to install.  Worth the $125 .

Beer will flow later

every pound counts in that 1/4 and 1/8 mile!