• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr

May Banter 2020

Just now, Scraff said:

Hallelujah!!:thumbsup: Because I need to have more beer in my life....said me never. Lol

Lol yeah, I haven’t had a shortage of beer on hand, although I’ve been drinking less the last 3-4 weeks. That said, I just like sampling and getting flights and obviously you can’t do that with carry out 

13 hours ago, fourseasons said:

My personal opinion, but if the NHL starts its next season in December I'm OK with that.  The regular season is too freakin' long.  When they had the strike-shortened season it was great because every game meant something.  And the NHL Center Ice subscription was only 50 bucks.

Bobby Orr did his flying leap on May 10 (50th anniversary this year!).  Now the Stanley Cup final goes into June.  Even Canadians are bored with hockey in June.  They need to shorten the season.  They won't, though.

The SPHL runs a 56 game regular season, it is just about right. Usually starts last week of October and playoff champ is crowned in early May.

I’d love to drink good beer everyday,  but at this point shots of Tito's feels more efficient

I also feel like Tito's has kept me healthy, so I won’t be participating in the mandatory mask stuff here in VA.

Quarantine problems-when you don’t have a need for 2 cars right now so you occasionally start your car up to let it run and forget all about it and accidentally let it run for 4 hours:o

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Quarantine problems-when you don’t have a need for 2 cars right now so you occasionally start your car up to let it run and forget all about it and accidentally let it run for 4 hours:o

Well that was a big waste of gas then lol

Just now, yoda said:

Well that was a big waste of gas then lol

Fortunately I haven’t driven it in about 2 months and gas is real cheap right now lol

I had a really hard day, but I appreciate y’all putting up with my tropical weenie self.

I’ve been thinking about what a chase would look like this season and I’m not sure if I can or should. I have more vacation time than I’ve ever had in my career. Would be good to use it to chase a storm down there. 

Josh can’t travel abroad so he’s setting up shop in Mississippi. Brilliant. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Lol

In high school a  girl I knew  locked her keys in her car RUNNING with the wipers on HIGH speed LOL for 2 hours.  The wipers melted to the windshield :lmao:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Lol

In high school a  girl I knew  locked her keys in her car RUNNING with the wipers on HIGH speed LOL for 2 hours.  The wipers melted to the windshield :lmao:

Wait WHAT? They melted the windshield? How? Lolol

11 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Wait WHAT? They melted the windshield? How? Lolol

They melted TO the windshield.  Friction and dry rubber at high speed  .. lol Paging RR:yikes:

We were going to break the side window but her mom said not to . 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Lol

Disappointing for a high school class, I'd have thought that at least one of her classmates would have know how to open a locked car.

That said, I can easily see the wiper blades melting with that stress, lucky the metal wiper frames did not scratch the windshield.

1 minute ago, etudiant said:

Disappointing for a high school class, I'd have thought that at least one of her classmates would have know how to open a locked car.

That said, I can easily see the wiper blades melting with that stress, lucky the metal wiper frames did not scratch the windshield.

Sadly . ...they did put permanent lines in the windshield...and burned up the wiper motor.

29 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

They melted TO the windshield.  Friction and dry rubber at high speed  .. lol Paging RR:yikes:

We were going to break the side window but her mom said not to . 

Whoops! Missed a word...But still--I've never heard out that happening! Wow, hahaha

26 minutes ago, RDM said:

Wow - 11+ hours without a comment in Banter?  Is everyone hung over from too many IPAs?   

I’ve noticed without the coronavirus thread this place has really died out in general lol. I think people right now are focused on arguing on social media about racism and injustices. Or at least it seems. 

26 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I’ve noticed without the coronavirus thread this place has really died out in general lol. I think people right now are focused on arguing on social media about racism and injustices. Or at least it seems. 

Like some of us predicted. But this is what the control freaks wanted. Less “clutter.”

• Sad 1

The action here always dies off this time of year. Most of the regulars gradually disappear. This is a winter weather 'centric' forum, despite the fact we don't see much actual winter weather anymore in these parts.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The action here always dies off this time of year. Most of the regulars gradually disappear. This is a winter weather 'centric' forum, despite the fact we don't see much actual winter weather anymore in these parts.

AMATT

All March All The Time, except when it isn't AMATT, its AHATT from late May - early October. 

43 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It was stupid and childish to not let people in this forum talk about the most unprecedented event in our lifetimes. Some of the posters active in this forum before have been posting in the New England forum instead, so they are still around, just not in here...

Just now, PhineasC said:

It was stupid and childish to not let people in this forum talk about the most unprecedented event in our lifetimes. Some of the posters active in this forum before have been posting in the New England forum instead, so they are still around, just not in here...

Well since I pushed for that thread to be started to begin with, I cant completely disagree. Ofc I don't have any say in which threads stay active and which ones are locked. I suggested a separate thread  mostly to keep the COVID talk from dominating banter, as it was at the time. Activity is definitely much lighter here now in general though, but that is typical for this time of year. At least there is an easily accessible option for those who want to engage in that discussion on this forum.

2 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Maybe we flattened the curve of useless posts? :lol:

Besides, it's summer, doesn't it normally get kind of thin in here unless there's anything severe going on or a tropical system?

(ETA:  Oh, and there's not much in the way of sports going on now either...)

(ETA more:  Personally, I think that wiener/Spaghettio image way back early in the month killed the thread!)

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

436tmu.jpg

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Well since I pushed for that thread to be started to begin with, I cant completely disagree. Ofc I don't have any say in which threads stay active and which ones are locked. I suggested a separate thread  mostly to keep the COVID talk from dominating banter, as it was at the time. Activity is definitely much lighter here now in general though, but that is typical for this time of year. At least there is an easily accessible option for those who want to engage in that discussion on this forum.

Or you know, the entire REST OF CURRENT EXISTENCE to discuss it. 

5 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

This old lady brain is just forgetting what day it is. :D