• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 15-17 Snow

Hoosier

Liking the possibility of at least 4" around here.  Could be more but will depend where the heavier corridor sets up.  

I actually can't recall witnessing a 4" snowfall in April in my life (was too far east to get in on the better snow with the 4/14/2019 storm), but certainly not after April 15.

1 hour ago, nwohweather said:

And even then I received 10" in Bowling Green. Basically everywhere along US 6 got buried by that one, and it had quite a few lightning strikes as well.  I believe I saw thundersnow 5 times on my midnight walk during that event

Places around Dayton and Springfield reported thunder with the rain/mix/snow bands today. Wouldn’t be shocked to see more convective elements imbedded in this next round, like you mentioned. 

The Euro is still a bit warmer than other models.  Most other models have temps AOB freezing into most of northern IL/far northern IN away from Lake Michigan at 12z Friday.  

Having a hard time buying the Euro temps 2m verbatim, especially where precip rates are heavier.  Perhaps the other models are slightly too cold though.  Even taking 1-2 degrees off the Euro temps would make a difference.

sfct.us_mw.thumb.png.ea02fff6f55c4fb289262e0321f0b224.png

NEXLABdProgdMod-12Z-20200417_NIL_sfc_temp-100-100.gif.e9448e5223c3e5c92869b3ea144702d7.gif  

56 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

The Euro is still a bit warmer than other models.  Most other models have temps AOB freezing into most of northern IL/far northern IN away from Lake Michigan at 12z Friday.  

Having a hard time buying the Euro temps 2m verbatim, especially where precip rates are heavier.  Perhaps the other models are slightly too cold though.  Even taking 1-2 degrees off the Euro temps would make a difference.

sfct.us_mw.thumb.png.ea02fff6f55c4fb289262e0321f0b224.png

NEXLABdProgdMod-12Z-20200417_NIL_sfc_temp-100-100.gif.e9448e5223c3e5c92869b3ea144702d7.gif  

Rates will absolutely drop the temperature is. Detroit dropped to 30° today in heavy snow between 1-2pm when temperatures should be in the upper 50s lol

3 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

18z Euro did bump just a slight bit south.  

Looks like ground zero for heaviest could be around the Centerville/Ottumwa IA areas.  LSRs could be pretty nice underneath the enhanced bands, and most of the snow will be falling at night as well.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a footer down there.

it sounds like fun. But an 8-10" heavy wet snow in the spring is a tree crusher. No fun, after the fact.