Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
COVID-19 Talk

mappy

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

If they are under the age of 50 their risk is still pretty low, even if obese. People will need to be given the right to choose if they want to huddle in fear of the virus at home or resume some aspects of normal life knowing the risks. You make that call every day when you get in your car. 

The car and swimming and smoking argument is silly imo. You dont spread or catch any of those things...well there is second hand smoke but I'm sure you enjoy sucking in someone else's newports...good try though Dr. Phil I mean Dr. Phin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

OMG

The flu kills middle aged people all the time. There is a good chance the flu is deadlier to those under 20 than this virus. The fact that the media has time to focus a story on every 30 year old who dies tells you how rare it is. 

I guess it's only old people dying 

Screenshot_20200417-063805_Twitter.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, SnowGolfBro said:

No one is keeping you here.  I happen to love our country.  And i think we are the greatest country on Earth and it is not even close.  

The point of view that, “If you don’t like it, then you can leave,” is really annoying. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else in the world but it doesn’t change my opinion that there are some seriously selfish and entitled morons that live here. I’m not pointing fingers in this thread, just saying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

The point of view that, “If you don’t like it, then you can leave,” is really annoying. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else in the world but it doesn’t change my opinion that there are some seriously selfish and entitled morons that live here. I’m not pointing fingers in this thread, just saying.

Asking people not to be selfish or adapt to a short term change in their lives is apparently akin to tyranny. 

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

No worries.  You clearly didn’t read his comment.  He said verbatim “we live in the stupidest, most selfish country in the world”.  I agree there are some ignorant, selfish people in this country and on this thread.  But the beauty of this country is we can discuss different ideas and agree to disagree.  Some want to shutdown for 18 months.  Some for a year.  Some for six months.  Some another couple months and others who are ready to start up society again today.  These are different opinions based on the information available to us.  It’s a complex situation.  I enjoy hearing everyone’s point of view.  But if you want to call America as a whole stupid and selfish then i will push back.

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I guarantee you between May 15 - 20 a large swath of this country is going to be in the process of opening back up.  Come Memorial Day, you'll see crowded beaches and people clamoring to get back into bars, etc. We'll forget this even happened by July.

until wave 2 hits 

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I guarantee you between May 15 - 20 a large swath of this country is going to be in the process of opening back up.  Come Memorial Day, you'll see crowded beaches and people clamoring to get back into bars, etc. We'll forget this even happened by July.

You mean forget as in this will be over, or forget as in, “forget it, I’m going out regardless of consequences?”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

No worries.  You clearly didn’t read his comment.  He said verbatim “we live in the stupidest, most selfish country in the world”.  I agree there are some ignorant, selfish people in this country and on this thread.  But the beauty of this country is we can discuss different ideas and agree to disagree.  Some want to shutdown for 18 months.  Some for a year.  Some for six months.  Some another couple months and others who are ready to start up society again today.  These are different opinions based on the information available to us.  It’s a complex situation.  I enjoy hearing everyone’s point of view.  But if you want to call America as a whole stupid and selfish then i will push back.

I think you know EJ well enough to realize he was trying to make a point.

eta: by the way, I’ve said those exact same words many times and yet I have nothing to base that opinion on. However, if you lived on a street that had a bank atm on the corner of Reisterstown Rd and saw the number of nincompoops that park along the street under the no parking or standing sign and block the entire intersection when there are two parking lots not more than 25 feet away, I dare say that you’d have some choice words too. :poster_stupid:

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I think you know EJ well enough to realize he was trying to make a point.

eta: by the way, I’ve said those exact same words many times and yet I have nothing to base that opinion on. However, if you lived on a street that had a bank atm on the corner of Reisterstown Rd and saw the number of nincompoops that park along the street under the no parking or standing sign and block the entire intersection when there are two parking lots not more than 25 feet away, I dare say that you’d have some choice words too. :poster_stupid:

Yeah i know he means well.  And there is no question that people can’t drive or park properly around here lol.

Just now, SnowGolfBro said:

Yeah i know he means well.  And there is no question that people can’t drive or park properly around here lol.

Once you understand the mind-frame EJ come from, it makes digesting his posts easier. I would not personally let his thoughts get to you like they did. 

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

Thanks, yeah, didn't know. The line is so blurred right now. 

So let me reframe it:

For a variety of reasons, it seems like gatherings during coronavirus to protest lockdowns are likely to continue.

pretty easy guide... if you start to mention 45s name, and then what he is/isn't doing and your feelings about it... dont post it. 

11 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Thanks, yeah, didn't know. The line is so blurred right now. 

So let me reframe it:

For a variety of reasons, it seems like gatherings during coronavirus to protest lockdowns are likely to continue.

Natural selection doing it's work.

58 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

This straw man again...no one is advocating for 6 months, a year, or 18 months.  Everyone is in agreement opening needs to start much sooner. 

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Gradually reopening in phases makes perfect sense as the number of cases/deaths decline, but only with widely available, effective testing. Those who want to "save the economy" and just let nature take its course will find out that reopening without effective testing/contact tracing, and PPE requirements, will "wreck" the economy more efficiently than the temporary lock downs. It will be the Smithfield pork plant x 100000.

• Haha 1

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Gradually reopening in phases makes perfect sense as the number of cases/deaths decline, but only with widely available, effective testing. Those who want to "save the economy" and just let nature take its course will find out that reopening without effective testing/contact tracing, and PPE requirements, will wreck the economy more efficiently than the temporary lock downs. It will be the Smithfield pork plant x 100000.

100% agree.  We started working on our recovery/re-opening plan the day after Hogan announced the shuttering of non-essential services.  What is going to really suck is what places like Florida are doing where they're re-opening things full blast in the next 2 weeks without check.  Florida is starting to re-open beaches this Friday at 5:00 pm and the governor has stated he wants to no restrictions on crowds. That's completely asinine.

• mappy locked this topic
  • mappy unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic