• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

2 hours ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

I could see 13-4 with another loss coming to Indy. With that D and if Carson can return even somewhat to his 2017 campaign that would be a tough game for sure.

Yeah you never know what can happen in a season. One injury can change the game, but I don't really fear too many opponents this year. Our division has 3 rookie QBS. I guess Tua played last year, but he is way overrated. I don't think hes good at all. We don't face the Pats until end of the year when Cam will already be hurt and starting rookie Jones. 

On 5/10/2021 at 8:11 AM, MJO812 said:

Still feeling body aches and sore arm from the 2nd shot of Moderna on Friday.

Got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday. My arm is pretty sore (like the 1st shot), felt some fatigue and slept through most of this gorgeous afternoon. Generally a lousy feeling like when I have a cold. But it’s good to have the pandemic over with for me and able to go back to life beforehand. 

• Like 3

On 5/15/2021 at 9:23 PM, jm1220 said:

Got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday. My arm is pretty sore (like the 1st shot), felt some fatigue and slept through most of this gorgeous afternoon. Generally a lousy feeling like when I have a cold. But it’s good to have the pandemic over with for me and able to go back to life beforehand. 

Congrats! I had my 2nd Pfizer shot almost a month ago. Basically just a sore arm for a  day following both shots.  Of course now my DNA will be changed and I'll turn into a three headed monster.  ;) Of course, some say I'm already there.

Will be interesting to see the public reaction to new guidelines, as well as businesses.  I can say this...if there's a choice between patronizing a continued Covid Theatre business and a similar one that calls it off, I'll be patronizing the one with no mask requirements.

• Like 1

Anyone noticing the carnage in crypto's?  Ether down 20% overnight.  Was as high as $4400, now down to $2800.  BTC has already corrected at least that much.  Not sure whether to be bummed that I didnt cash in over $4000 or be glad that it looks like another long term buying opp.  I was doing taxes recently and the thought crossed my mind to sell but...i have viewed my holdings as a LT project and glad I didnt have to claim any gains on my taxes since I didnt have any sell transactions, so I held everything. 

The Musk and environmental nonsense over crypto mining is just that...nonsense from addled minds.  We shall see...

On 5/21/2021 at 8:45 AM, MJO812 said:

I'm fully vaccinated

I'm loaded with antibodies from having  the virus last year and the 2 shots.

I was told by some of the senior members of my subforum that I needed to come here to post my COVID misinformation.. 

this is exactly what I am talking about @MJO812 .  Anyone who says that the effectiveness of the natural immunity is "not yet known" and therefore should not be counted is full of shit.  You dont need to have an advanced degree in Epidemiology  to know that the human population has built in natural defense mechanisms to airborne upper respiratory illness.  We know 100% for certain that already having it will provide protection for the vulnerable population.

This was the science that the "Trust Science" assholes were refusing to trust.  

Play nice people...I continue to hear a lot of Bunko from both sides.  I have otherwise intelligent friends who have seemingly become anti-vaxxers over C19.  OTOH, no shortage of people on the other side that continue to push the (big media's) misinformation that there is anything but a vanishingly small risk of getting seriously sick or transmitting C19 after full vaccination. Hence the  number of people we see in their cars, alone, with masks fully pulled up. Which is of course, their right to do so.  Sigh.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:18 AM, brentrich said:

We are going to have another lockdown soon in few weeks due to cases rising now. 

Yup, still waiting for this....

Went to the grocery store this morning and noticed half the people aren't wearing masks anymore - including employees. Was actually a pleasant sight to see.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Went to the grocery store this morning and noticed half the people aren't wearing masks anymore - including employees. Was actually a pleasant sight to see.

Haven’t worn a mask in a week. Soon as CDC stated fully vaccinated people didn’t need to wear them anymore. It’s definitley taking a while getting used to it, but it’s great catching all the dirty looks from the people who are still double masked. 

4 hours ago, vortmax said:

Have you heard of black fungus, it's worse than COVID. It's everywhere in India right now and it's coming to the US in few months. There are no vaccine for that kind of disease so get ready for another lockdown in few months. 

On Monday, the Giants and Jets released a joint statement regarding stadium capacity at MetLife Stadium for the 2021 season.

The statement reads, "We are thrilled by Governor Murphy's announcement today to have MetLife Stadium operate at full capacity for the 2021 season. We can't wait to welcome our fans back, creating the gameday atmosphere we have all been missing. We will continue to work to ensure the return of fans is accomplished in a safe and responsible way."

3 hours ago, brentrich said:

Have you heard of black fungus, it's worse than COVID. It's everywhere in India right now and it's coming to the US in few months. There are no vaccine for that kind of disease so get ready for another lockdown in few months. 

Yes, I've heard of it. Here's a fact about it: The disease is not contagious, which means that it cannot spread from contact between humans or animals.

Not seeing how a lockdown would help something that isn't contagious. 

• Like 2

NY state fair will cost only $3 this year and as of now about 50% capacity, it will run for 18 days.. Mask/Vaccine policy is yet be known..

NAS will be "headlining" the free concerts on opening day..Other acts that have been confirmed..

2021 New York State Fair concert lineup

• Nas — Friday, Aug. 20 at 8 p.m.
  • Ratt — Saturday, Aug. 21 (Time TBA)
  • Brothers Osborne — Sunday, Aug. 22 at 8 p.m.
  • REO Speedwagon — Wednesday, Aug. 25 at 8 p.m.
  • Three Dog Night — Thursday, Aug. 26 (Time TBA)
  • Sister Sledge — Friday, Aug. 27, at 2 p.m.
  • Melissa Etheridge — Friday, Aug. 27, at 8 p.m.
  • Vixen and Great White — Saturday, Aug. 28 (Time TBA)
  • Dropkick Murphys — Sunday, Aug. 29 at 8 p.m.
  • The Oak Ridge Boys — Tuesday, Aug. 31 at 2 p.m.
  • Halestorm — Tuesday, Aug. 31 at 8 p.m.
  • Sheena Easton — Wednesday, Sept. 1 at 2 p.m.
  • Blue Oyster Cult — Wednesday, Sept. 1 (Time TBA)
  • Starship featuring Mickey Thomas — Thursday, Sept. 2 (Time TBA)

U.S. intelligence agencies are expected to deliver a report on “unidentified aerial phenomena” to Congress next month, sparking renewed interest and speculation into how the government has handled sightings of mysterious flying objects — and if there's any worldly explanation for them.

The unclassified report, compiled by the director of national intelligence and the secretary of defense, aims to make public what the Pentagon knows about unidentified flying objects and data analyzed from such encounters.

While UFOs have been part of American mythology for decades, this report is different. Legitimate debates over UFO sightings have gained traction in recent years after several leaked photos and videos from the U.S. Navy appeared to show mysterious flying objects in American airspace.

Last year, the Pentagon declassified three such videos captured by Navy pilots, intensifying speculation over the incidents, which have been confirmed by pilots who have observed them and even presidents who have been briefed on them. 

Here’s how UFO sightings jumped from the realm of science fiction to the halls of Congress.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna973

On 6/1/2021 at 2:11 AM, BuffaloWeather said:

Your dogs are beautiful, are all 3 yours? I really want to get a 2nd one, but travel so much its tough to get dog watchers.

Yea thanks! Honestly 2 dogs is easier than 1. Jury is out on 3 dogs vs 2 though. Luckily my in-laws have no problem watching the dogs when we travel.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic