Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,895
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Classbravo
    Newest Member
    Classbravo
    Joined

Coronavirus


Chicago Storm
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dta1984 said:

I don't try pushing my views.  They are mine, and (many others for that matter).  Sure, they may seem misguided to some, but their views are misguided to others as well.  I have good sources, and actual medical professionals in the family.  Some here just rely on what ABC news or Dr fauci say.  It's whatever, agree to disagree.

Assuming you really mean actual medical professionals, I’ll give you that. I was having an argument with an anti-masker/anti-lockdown person/anti-vaxxer (can’t remember which, they’re all the same to me) on Facebook a number of months back and her response was “I work in the medical field so I would know.” A quick glance at her profile and it turns out she was a receptionist at a f***ing chiropractor’s office! As in, someone who would know little more about medicine than anyone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

It's so ridiculous. What the hell is a hardcore pro-vaxer? When the hell did vaccines become so damn political? it's ****ing public health. 

I don't even know what you're talking about. I am very pro vaccine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

The problem here is that basic factual arguments are now somehow become political. "Well, that's my view." When did the science behind masks and the science behind vaccines become political? It's literally not. Its about scientific evidence. 

That's entirely my point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TimB84 said:

Assuming you really mean actual medical professionals, I’ll give you that. I was having an argument with an anti-masker/anti-lockdown person/anti-vaxxer (can’t remember which, they’re all the same to me) on Facebook a number of months back and her response was “I work in the medical field so I would know.” A quick glance at her profile and it turns out she was a receptionist at a f***ing chiropractor’s office! As in, someone who would know little more about medicine than anyone else.

You can find a medical professional anywhere to tell you whatever craziness you believe. Look at youtube. That's a haven for some crackpot renegade doctor to "spill the beans on the conspiracy." Its in a lot of ways, so much worse. At least you can understand how a non-medical person in a certain environment could gravitate towards that thinking, but when a doctor does its super sad and unforgivable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

The problem here is that basic factual arguments are now somehow become political. "Well, that's my view." When did the science behind masks and the science behind vaccines become political? It's literally not. Its about scientific evidence. 

Everything is political now. And half the people on the other side of the mask/vax/lockdown issue had a “Stay Home, Save Lives” on their Facebook profile picture sometime last March or April. Hmm, wonder why that changed so quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Assuming you really mean actual medical professionals, I’ll give you that. I was having an argument with an anti-masker/anti-lockdown person/anti-vaxxer (can’t remember which, they’re all the same to me) on Facebook a number of months back and her response was “I work in the medical field so I would know.” A quick glance at her profile and it turns out she was a receptionist at a f***ing chiropractor’s office! As in, someone who would know little more about medicine than anyone else.

A few years ago I was talking about vaccines with a coworker-they were anti vax back when it was a hipster/suburban mom fringe movement to be anti vax. His wife was a nurse at a hospital and one of her doctors was supposedly the ones feeding her the anti vax info. He also tossed out the "my wife is in healthcare" line. 

  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

A few years ago I was talking about vaccines with a coworker-they were anti vax back when it was a hipster/suburban mom fringe movement to be anti vax. His wife was a nurse at a hospital and one of her doctors was supposedly the ones feeding her the anti vax info. He also fed the "my wife is in healthcare" line. 

Theres still some horseshoe theory here for sure, but I believe the largest antivax/vaccine-hesitant group is conservative. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

If DTA wasn't embroiled in right-wing politics he would see the vaccine was beneficial to him and society at large. From a scientific perspective, it absolutely is. 

You should re direct your babbling to someone who is actually discussing far right vax conspiracy theories.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With positivity rates starting to go up across IL, some regions are approaching the threshold for tighter restrictions again. The attitude of many people (have heard these words exactly 3 separate times over the weekend) is that this is “over” now. Cant imagine the reaction would be too good if they impose new restrictions again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With positivity rates starting to go up across IL, some regions are approaching the threshold for tighter restrictions again. The attitude of many people (have heard these words exactly 3 separate times over the weekend) is that this is “over” now. Cant imagine the reaction would be too good if they impose new restrictions again
Considering that many restaurants stayed opened to indoor dining or reopened after many restaurants didn't abide by shut-down of indoor dining during late fall and early winter surge, I doubt that there will be much adherence to any new restrictions.

The county sheriffs not enforcing the state mandates makes them pretty toothless and an easier call for many restaurants to keep business as usual.

We're probably/hopefully little more than a month away from transmission really dropping here due to vaccine or natural immunity and seasonality.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How ?
A percentage of the population not taking covid seriously (insisting on frequently gathering indoors, not wearing masks etc) made them more susceptible to contracting the virus in high risk indoor settings and part of the chains of transmission that resulted in large raw numbers of bad outcomes.

It's pretty clear that even if the virus weren't politicized, we would've had many deaths, but every little bit of prevention would have helped mitigate our losses. I think the early testing debacle and politicization are two of the biggest factors in the horrific death count.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Considering that many restaurants stayed opened to indoor dining or reopened after many restaurants didn't abide by shut-down of indoor dining during late fall and early winter surge, I doubt that there will be much adherence to any new restrictions.

The county sheriffs not enforcing the state mandates makes them pretty toothless and an easier call for many restaurants to keep business as usual.

We're probably/hopefully little more than a month away from transmission really dropping here due to vaccine or natural immunity and seasonality.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
 

Does your law enforcement actually do this?   Seems they have enough on their hands than responding to calls about mandates (not laws).  I'd much rather they are protecting the city from crime. 

We have a state taskforce that snoops on businesses enforcing the crowd limidto, masks etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

A percentage of the population not taking covid seriously (insisting on frequently gathering indoors, not wearing masks etc) made them more susceptible to contracting the virus in high risk indoor settings and part of the chains of transmission that resulted in large raw numbers of bad outcomes.

It's pretty clear that even if the virus weren't politicized, we would've had many deaths, but every little bit of prevention would have helped mitigate our losses. I think the early testing debacle and politicization are two of the biggest factors in the horrific death count.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
 

Alot of idiots can't think for themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dta1984 said:

Does your law enforcement actually do this?   Seems they have enough on their hands than responding to calls about mandates (not laws).

We have a state taskforce that snoops on businesses enforcing the crowd limidto, masks etc.

“Snoops on.” Those people are American heroes if you ask me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

You should re direct your babbling to someone who is actually discussing far right vax conspiracy theories.   

My co worker thinks there are chips inside of the vaccines lol

Heck , alot of people think that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Lol!  Yep, now those are conspiracy theories!

Stupidity

I was hesitant on getting my vaccine but I'm going to go this weekend. I want to be able to go places without getting tested  and want to make sure my mom doesn't get it again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...