• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheNiño
    Newest Member
    TheNiño

Coronavirus

4 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

Yes, by February, cases will be dropping rapidly, though deaths will be strong until March due to the lag. The long term effected will be in the 10's of millions. States need extra facilities to handle these excessive cases with medical personal treating normal sickness and injury as usual. A place where they can be cordoned together and tagged, especially in time of death. Its a gruesome thought, but its where we are at. Vaccines will then be used to stop any more future outbreaks.

You say that so easily.

3 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

You say that so easily.

People know what they are supposed to do. If they won't do it, there is no reason to shut down the economy again. Let them eat what they sow.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Could've waited for the new IHME update, which could be any time now.  It's like not waiting for the Euro.  :weenie:

Maybe we can start having stay-at-home watches and warnings? 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

People know what they are supposed to do. If they won't do it, there is no reason to shut down the economy again. Let them eat what they sow.

I understand but the government cannot just stand by and let that many people die 

1 hour ago, Wmsptwx said:

Local hospitals here even in middle of nowhere PA, are quickly becoming strained with new covid patients.

PA cases really starting to ramp up, over 6k today (although 500 of that was backlog from Philly).

31 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

This thinking is the very issue.  Their "Eating what they sow" will cause hospitals to fill affect and affect those rule followers that get in a car accident or have a child with appendicitis, that now can't get life saving treatment.  It's like a Chess game and you have to be many moves ahead to have a chance.  

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

A record day in MI almost 7000 cases. This is only getting worse because of ignorance and carelessness.

Ontario came out with new modelling and best case scenario we have 2500 new cases a day by December and worst case is 6K+. No matter what though ICU is strained within 2 weeks and if worst case happens we join you guys with our hospitals just being completely overrun. 

Given the rate of growth, we may be up near 200k late next week.  I do wonder if the test turnaround time will start to suffer because of this onslaught.  Perhaps it already is in some areas?

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Given the rate of growth, we may be up near 200k late next week.  I do wonder if the test turnaround time will start to suffer because of this onslaught.  Perhaps it already is in some areas?

I believe the thought was the top positive return was around 200-250k because of that. Of course if the rate of positivity goes up much more then those numbers could even be passed.

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

I got tested 2 weeks ago and got my results in 2 1/2 days. I just got tested again yesterday morning and they said that due to an increase in the number of tests to not expect my results for 4-6 days. I got tested a second time due to exposures to two people last week who are positive.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

I got tested 2 weeks ago and got my results in 2 1/2 days. I just got tested again yesterday morning and they said that due to an increase in the number of tests to not expect my results for 4-6 days. I got tested a second time due to exposures to two people last week who are positive.

This turnaround time is one of the biggest failures of the pandemic. There should’ve been more effort to fund tests with accurate, rapid results. In addition to increasing the risk of exposure, people who have common colds or the flu and can’t work while they wait 2-6+ days for a negative result are just wasting everyone’s time. 

53 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

In the Grand Rapids area they are already forecasting longer turnaround times and only testing symptomatic people in some locations. 

The IHME model updated, and has almost 440k deaths by March 1.  Notably, that factors in a big drop in mobility starting very soon, which may not actually occur or could at least be interrupted by holiday travel, etc., which suggests a worse outcome is plausible.

My son is in pre-K and goes to a private academy, Champaign county just urged ALL elementary schools to close until January. So far his school remains open. My brothers kids go to a separate school (1st, 3rd grade) they just received emails they are remote now until January. 

49 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Good gloppity what happened?!?! Smh The heck did we go from under 100,000 2 weeks ago to now over 160k...sweet mercy above. I dare not ask where the ceiling is...

Halloween, in person schooling, and people not caring.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Was looking through the IHME stuff in more detail.  It projects US hospitalizations peaking at just under 130k, which is about twice where we currently are.  Current hospitalizations are actually running ahead of progged though (67k vs 60k).  Again though, it is factoring in decreased mobility over time.  Basically, we are really screwed if we don't start taking more steps to blunt the curve.

11 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Was looking through the IHME stuff in more detail.  It projects US hospitalizations peaking at just under 130k, which is about twice where we currently are.  Current hospitalizations are actually running ahead of progged though (67k vs 60k).  Again though, it is factoring in decreased mobility over time.  Basically, we are really screwed if we don't start taking more steps to blunt the curve.

The problem is our captain has jumped ship. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1