Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2020

George BM

2 minutes ago, RDM said:

As I said before, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  Respect mine and I'll do the same.  To say anyone's opinion about a very subjective topic is right or wrong is in it's own right, contrary to having a healthy debate on the same. 

Everybody is entitled their own opinion. You stated yours and I stated mine. This is a divisive issue with no middle ground. We don't agree with each other and that's fine. We'll continue as friends from here. 

It goes deeper than the sexy dancing. That may have bothered the relatively few actual prudes, but it is superficial. There was plenty of 'messaging' in that performance, and it was brilliantly done. Read the comments from the link I posted and it is clear what had certain people triggered. I will leave it at that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It goes deeper than the sexy dancing. That may have bothered the relatively few actual prudes, but it is superficial. There was plenty of 'messaging' in that performance, and it was brilliantly done. Read the comments from the link I posted and it is clear what had certain people triggered. I will leave it at that.

You're exactly right....for once :)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Everybody is entitled their own opinion. You stated yours and I stated mine. This is a divisive issue with no middle ground. We don't agree with each other and that's fine. We'll continue as friends from here. 

And just to be clear. My post was in response to the social media blitz that's been running non stop since the halftime show. It's ugly... I was in no way singling you (or anyone) out with my post. Divisive issues are a mainstay in the US. It's part of the heartbeat of the country and has been that way for a long as I've been alive. I really wish differing opinions on many issues had a middle ground but they never (or rarely) do unfortunately. 

11 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

i didn't read your link, but let me guess "Puerto Rico flag! While singing Born in the USA, OMG HOW DARE THEY"

• Like 2

I felt like a few of those moves might have been a bit much for family programming. Clearly the intent of it was SEX appeal and not just dancing. At what point do we want to show sexual stuff on family programming?

But to be honest. shakira came out, looked amazing, wikipedia, she is 43? I am 38 there is still hope! J Lo, looked great, back to wikipedia, 50? There is definitely hope! Getting older doesn't automatically equal falling apart.

Inspirational

4 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

I felt like a few of those moves might have been a bit much for family programming. Clearly the intent of it was SEX appeal and not just dancing. At what point do we want to show sexual stuff on family programming?

But to be honest. shakira came out, looked amazing, wikipedia, she is 43? I am 38 there is still hope! J Lo, looked great, back to wikipedia, 50? There is definitely hope! Getting older doesn't automatically equal falling apart.

Inspirational

many things to comment on here

1. who cares that they had sex appeal. they are beautiful women. do people think Adam Levine taking his shirt off last year was too sexy? I don't think so.... 

2. yesterday was her birthday

3. you look 80 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I have a trip to Kansas City, Kansas soon...hope to check out the stadium of a super bowl champ!

Honestly though, I think blowing that whole thing up is kind of dumb.  Being a geography major and weather enthusiast, I know the Kansas/Missouri/Chiefs geographic set up and most on here probably do but most of the generally public probably doesn't.  Also I'm sure most residents of Kansas root for the Chiefs, maybe even more so than Missouri. So even though the Chiefs play in Missouri, that win was for both states, generally speaking.

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

many things to comment on here

1. who cares that they had sex appeal. they are beautiful women. do people think Adam Levine taking his shirt off last year was too sexy? I don't think so.... 

2. yesterday was her birthday

3. you look 80 

I think there is a difference between a guy being shirtless and a woman shaking her basically bare ass in a sexual way. If Adam Levine shook his bare ass like that, yes, it would be just as much of an issue.

This is not me having a problem with beautiful women expressing themselves. This is about not showing children sexually provocative stuff on family programming. Thats all.

Oh and lol on the 80 y/o comment.

4 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Honestly though, I think blowing that whole thing up is kind of dumb.  Being a geography major and weather enthusiast, I know the Kansas/Missouri/Chiefs geographic set up and most on here probably do but most of the generally public probably doesn't.  Also I'm sure most residents of Kansas root for the Chiefs, maybe even more so than Missouri. So even though the Chiefs play in Missouri, that win was for both states, generally speaking.

Except there are about 5,000 other examples like this one..

10 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

I think there is a difference between a guy being shirtless and a woman shaking her basically bare ass in a sexual way. If Adam Levine shook his bare ass like that, yes, it would be just as much of an issue.

This is not me having a problem with beautiful women expressing themselves. This is about not showing children sexually provocative stuff on family programming. Thats all.

so, its cool for a man to take his top off while singing, live during the halftime show, but two women can't shake their hips. got it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

lol to the bolded and lol to the rest.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Yeah, I prefer the bareass shaking

Just now, mappy said:

so, its cool for a man to take his top off while singing, live during the halftime show, but two women can't shake their hips. got it. 

Sooooo....it was a lot more than shaking hips. Open leg crotch grab closeups shots. Grinding on the guys you know what...., the tongue action closeups, even posting examples on here would probably be in violation of our TOS (I've seen ass shots removed at Eastern).

This will be my last post since I don't want to get into it....but geez. On family programming? It was a bit much.

2 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Sooooo....it was a lot more than shaking hips. Open leg crotch grab closeups shots. Grinding on the guys you know what...., the tongue action closeups, even posting examples on here would probably be in violation of our TOS (I've seen ass shots removed at Eastern).

This will be my last post since I don't want to get into it....but geez. On family programming? It was a bit much.

but a shirtless Adam Levine is cool. Got it. Thanks again! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Worst we’ve seen. Hopefully the Canadian will come through this weekend and we instead of arguing we can all do our own halftime show where we are clothed and dance to our own personal comfort level in the snow. 

If we get a good snow I'll Shakira on top a snow pile

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic