• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

43 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Speaking of me time. I know its an old show but just finished season 1 of Dexter and am obsessed. Can't wait to go home and start season 2. Does anyone have any good shows they would recommend? I just finished Mindhunter and Dark which were fantastic. 

The haunting of Hill house is excellent, loved the good place but that's ending sadly.

24 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Euro was solid after the cutter/front..

The following system is practically a cutter that's all snow lol Does transfer eventually which will probably fook us at the end lol

sn10_acc.us_ne - 2020-01-10T135752.109.png

Im not sure how much I'm buying into these as all cutters...in fact the Bermuda high gets beaten back significantly after this storm and even moreso after the Wed - thus system...at some point the storm track has to get pushed further south in fact almost to the point of suppression. 

I’m 47 and single. My two dogs fill in as my kids. It’s not some kind of conscious decision I made- just the way life worked out. It appears I’m rolling through this one solo. Which I’m ok with. I’d be lying if I said the thought of growing old, without the support of a family, isn’t a bit daunting, but it is what it is. I’ve become increasingly happy with the prospect. I do what I want, when I want. Plus, it’s easy to accumulate a bit of money when you’re not supporting others (not that money accomplishes anything worthwhile). 
The dogs are my companions and friends. They give more love than any human relationship I’ve had. 
So I understand how scary it is when they get sick. Hope everything works out for you guys with sick pets- sometimes their resilience is surprising! 

• Like 6

Since we’re all baring our souls today...I’m 46 with a 21 yr old daughter about to graduate college. So I have lots of time to participate, just less $ after sending our daughter to Netherlands to study abroad and Thailand in a couple months for spring break!  Oh, and I have an ancient beagle/Springer mix. 15 and going strong!  

• Like 6

Wednesday night, a deepening upper level carving out over the Great
Lakes will allow for a powerful surface low pressure system to
strengthen as it passes right over or just northwest of our region.
This will bring rain at the onset, with rain changing to snow as
colder air works in on the back side of the low. This may be a
decent synoptic snowfall for some as there appears to be plenty of
available moisture wrapping in on the back side of the low in the
colder air. In addition, with this powerful storm potentially
passing just northwest of the area, strong winds will also be a
possibility.

This will set the stage for some northwesterly upslope and lake
enhanced snows for Thursday in the wake of the system as a much
colder airmass settles into Western and North Central NY. After some
leftover snowshowers Thursday night, ridging both at the surface and
aloft will dry things out, making for a quiet end to the work week

I will join in on the life sharing. My wife and I are both in our 30s too, with no kids. I reaaaally want kids, but my wife is in no hurry. We will see what happens in the next couple years. I would like to have kids by 40.

So the only kid we we have right now is our buns buns, named Peter. I thought a pet bunny would be boring, but he is hilarious. Quite the personality!

Then, the family dog that we all helped get for my parents, is the Golden Retriever, Sherlock, that you see. Our family LOVES Goldens. Every time I go back to visit in PA, he greets me by laying on top of me...cuz, you know...Goldens think they're Lap Dogs and have no concept of personal space. lol

No photo description available.

Image may contain: dog

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Dont let delta hear you say that or else your a climate change denier. According to him he never gets snow

Well climate change is 100 percent real. You can debate how much influence man has in it if you want, but the data is pretty damn obvious IMO.

I had 5 inches on the ground to start the day yesterday.  10 inches is a bit inflated for the week but honestly not as bad as usual.  Measured at the the right intervals I’ll say it was plausible. 

• Like 1