• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Wheres all this rain we're supposed to be getting, lol, unless its on its way. Up to 56F but not quite 60F but still nuts, nonetheless. I dont think Winter is actually going to show up this yr with much, if any at all, sustainable cold and snow so I'm putting this absolute dud of a Winter to rest because, if ya think about it, the next 9 days are toast with highs easily in the 40's and after that, the cold is transient at best with no HL blocking showing up anywhere.

Yeah yeah, EPO's slightly heading negative and the PNA is a tick positive and all are rejoicing, including Bastardi which is an absolute joke.

Basically our Winter consisted of the last week of Oct thru November and since it has taken a sabbatical perhaps to understand exactly WTF is going on with this weather, lol. So now, with Jan half kaput and with the rest of it looking MEH at best we're left with Feb and and a second Mud season in March cause Its already happened once and I'm not including April, as its absurd to do so.

In my eyes, this has/is become the second Winter I've experienced without a Winter cause this is NOT going to automatically flip to sustainable cold and snow and stay there till the end of March and if anyone is thinking that then good luck to you and I hope it happens but I just dont see it, sorry.

I'll be lurking of course and if this Winter continues on course, it will undoubtably become one of the worse Winters I've ever experienced, even worse than some of the Winters back along the Jersey Coast, and that's seriously no joke, but we move on and hope for a change that NEVER comes, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where the heck is the cold behind this disgusting Pig of the system that isn't even big enough to shake up this pathetic pattern thats been sustained for well over 6 weeks, WTF? Usually after a system like this, we would at least see a bout of LE but not even that is happening this yr and its starting to seriously BORE me to death. Gimme back Summer so I can chill with shorts and a T, but I guess today some may be able to, lol!!

• Like 1

Gfs for the 16th is pretty much just a clipper..
I think the ukmet also had a weaker/unphased solution..
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_20.thumb.png.6f30deb7401127d4b2b12ee123c2765b.png
Come on man, theres still green showing up over the lake at the end of January? That has Never happened and I mean NEVER. Even 10-15 yrs ago we didnt have to worry about rain in January on the regular, like it's a normal occurrence. Ppl cant even ride their new sleds they've gotten for Christmas cause they can't with NO SNOW, lol!

• Haha 1

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Come on man, theres still green showing up over the lake at the end of January? That has Never happened and I mean NEVER. Even 10-15 yrs ago we didnt have to worry about rain in January on the regular, like it's a normal occurrence. Ppl cant even ride their new sleds they've gotten for Christmas cause they can't with NO SNOW, lol!

The only reason green shows up is because the models get corrupted from lake temps that are above freezing.  It’s not going to rain with the 522 line that far south.  We’d be better off not relying on the models to determine precip type in certain scenarios

• Like 2

Like I said, I'll be around watching and waiting like the rest of us Winter lovers but tracking for me has been put on the back burner cause nothing that Ive looked at this morning gives me any sort of hope for sustainable cold. Forget the snow, we need the cold first, then the cold will come and the snow will be gone, lol!

One of the local stations just posted this which is slightly misleading (they do make some effort to address that) but does show that at least I’ll get a few hours of joy from this otherwise useless storm system.   
7E5DCDEE-0B50-4977-BE62-B9F05F9FEA80.thumb.jpeg.0e67a9685adea7c14d82fd4328623764.jpeg
Yeah I'm sure you'll get ur Wind fix, lol, so good for you, as at least someone can appreciate this God awful weather, lol! At least you found a silver lining, lol

Hey, the fact that we can even get Lows to start showing up in long range that have 50%+ wintry precip. for us is a big improvement to the pattern over the crap we have  had. It's lame...but it's better.
Yeah well better just isn't gonna cut it! We need a full blown pattern change, not a blip and then were right back to the same ol bullshit and that's exactly what's happening behind this, whatever you wanna call it, event!

16 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Yeah well better just isn't gonna cut it! We need a full blown pattern change, not a blip and then were right back to the same ol bullshit and that's exactly what's happening behind this, whatever you wanna call it, event!

It does change...to a solid trough over the east that doesn't allow any systems to form.....until ANOTHER cutter forms...lol

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Long range starting to look worse last few runs. :thumbsdown:

After today, I may be ready for spring soon.

I'm with you. If we get a week or two of winter during actual winter I'll be stunned. At this point we are no different than the mid Atlantic is on a normal basis. I believe there is no turn around at this point to save this winter. I'm starting to think we have a chance for snow minimums 

Really strong pacific flow gonna jack us up for the next couple weeks. Not allowing any sort of ridge to take shape to pour colder air down the EC. Just little pieces breaking off, traversing across the northern zones and hooking just west of us. 
Our only hope is that they progressively dive further south and east but no real sign of that. 
If it ain’t one thing it’s another. Still think February and March will be better. March is often Rochester’s snowiest month. So I’m not throwing the towel yet. But damn I’m close!!!

The end of the ensembles look decent, but...the medium range doesn’t and the short range is garbage.  Watch how the 16th keeps trending the wrong way.  The current cutter cut further west than progged 2 days ago.  

Modeling can have this sustained long range look only to erode as we progress closer through time to the current sensible weather overhead.  Mirages and Fata Morganas.  You can see wintry appeal, but always in the distance.  

Pretty soon the long range will correct warm because it’s spring.

• Like 4

Seriously Spring. Took advantage of it (despite how much I hate the thought of warm weather in winter) and actually really enjoyed a walk with my wife and a friend this afternoon. We spent a couple hours on the Onondaga Parkway Trail and Restoration Way Trail that wrap along Onondaga Lake in Syracuse. There were MANY people out enjoying the weather. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Not a text book"thump" but it could get the job done lol

Gfs visits Detroit lol

Even with Rain showers making into CNY it's still double digits from eastern Oswego county on North and east verbatim, which will obviously change.. Eastern areas stand the best shot at snow..We could see more snow in NJ then wny for example..

Ugly garbage. If it doesn't cut, it's a pathetic little thing like what we see on this upcoming Thursday. Did you see the cutter at the end? ALL RAIN in ALL of the northeast.