• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

12 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

The biggest difference between the projected weekend storm and previous cutters is the cold out ahead of the system..I don't care about snowdepth I care about Snowfall. It takes time for SW flow to reach eastern Ontario region..

sfct.conus.png

sfct.conus (1).png

sfct.conus (2).png

Temps aloft would support ice/sleet with that path for all of us. Those are surface temps 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This is why the clipper pattern is the best pattern. You don’t get torches Or even thaws. You get constant snow every couple days. It makes it feel like winter. You may not get the whopper synoptic system but imo it’s worth it. You can still get big time les in that pattern too. 

This. I said the same thing yesterday.

LR gfs has that clipper pattern you guys are looking for but it's way out there. 
986258918_gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_namer_64(1).thumb.png.e7d94bac6807d05360541a0c82bcdf4e.png
Idk who wants a clipper pattern cause I don't! 2-3" events followed by frigid temps and multi banded LE, nah I'll pass as I'd rather 70F with Sun and a nice SW breeze. I'm so done with this Winter, that I could care less if it snows anymore, and I'm dead serious. FEB 1st is around the corner and by then, sun angle starts to come into play so for me, the best part of the Winter is pretty much over so on to Spring, Please!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Idk who wants a clipper pattern cause I don't! 2-3" events followed by frigid temps and multi banded LE, nah I'll pass as I'd rather 70F with Sun and a nice SW breeze. I'm so done with this Winter, that I could care less if it snows anymore, and I'm dead serious. FEB 1st is around the corner and by then, sun angle starts to come into play so for me, the best part of the Winter is pretty much over so on to Spring, Please!

I would MUCH rather have a clipper pattern than this crap up and down pattern with a gazillion thaws. At least with a clipper pattern it can look like WINTER. Clipper patterns are almost vital for a Great Lakes Winter to rock. East coast storms are often too far east, and if they're west...it's flipping cutter city. The one big pattern I would root for that doesn't involve a clipper pattern is one similar to the 90s, where lows actually moved up along the Appalachians and slammed the Apps mountains and upstate NY with snow. We don't seem to get these patterns anymore.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Everything you mentioned sounds perfect. Frequent bouts of 2-3”, frigid temps, and prolonged cold to hold snow pack.  Sun angle is not in play in February. We only have to go back 6 years to when we had a full 30 day consecutive period where we didnt crack freezing, and it happened in February. 

If that doesn’t make you happy after what we’ve been through the past 6 weeks; I’m convinced you’re just trolling.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Check out the difference between the appearance of this storm during initialization on the models VS real life. Quite the difference. The storm certainly looks far stronger and wetter in the models.  It’s actually has quite the ragged precip shield right now. 

Yes, many of the Great Lakes posters are talking about how this system has been a disappointment. They definitely aren't getting what was called for.

17 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Nothing but cutters on the 0z suite. Gross. 

I thought the 0Z suite actually looked better? Thursday looks like it could provide 1 to 3 inches, and then the weekend looks like a front end thump with maybe some light rain/dry slot, and then snow showers and lake effect afterwards. The week  after looks sort of boring,  but cold.

• Like 1