• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB

Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

6 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Best fantasy storm of the winter IMBY. If the block holds and the storm doesn't gain too much latitude in the plains we could be in business. 

At worst it holds like that and flips to snow on the way out and buries us 

17 hours ago, griteater said:

Just watching the ensemble model runs, this -AO/-NAO looks and feels legit.  I'm sure it will wax and wane, but I think the signal is more real this time than normal.  The near constant ridging in NW Asia with corresponding troughing in E Asia / NW Pacific is a configuration that will continually attack the stratospheric polar vortex and lend support to the tropospheric high latitude blocking.  I think we will eventually see an official SSW, but it make take some time (late Jan?)...and the chances of the SSW yielding favorable results are better when the troposphere and lower stratosphere are already experiencing blocking and are weaker than normal.  The ideal scenario would be for the tropospheric blocking to continue well into January, then we get the SSW that gives it an additional kick - it's not a far fetched scenario this time.

Thanks Grit. I sure hope the convection leaving the Indian Ocean does work on the Pacific.  We desperately need the -EPO for cold even with the solid -NAO. I think at best we're seasonal to cool with the pattern that's setting itself up. At worst, below the 12Z GEFS. Western trough and the southeast ridge is poking up later in the run. :yikes:

gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_53.png

59 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

Tennessee man...3f51e8079e0d8d55502fb3712c3d6edf.jpg

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

I don’t know about what’s going to happen for sure on or around January 3 but for right now it is 34 and a heavy sleet rain mix going on in Dallas Georgia and I do see a few flakes of snow. so the transition has begun in earnest. Might not be much or last long but, my seven and 10-year-old are having a ball just watching the sleet bounce around. I know that sounds weak but... hey we are in the south, the deep south that that. any little bit we can get Is much appreciate it... Especially for the kiddos !!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Buckfever2 said:

I don’t know about what’s going to happen for sure on or around January 3 but for right now it is 34 and a heavy sleet rain mix going on in Dallas Georgia and I do see a few flakes of snow. so the transition has begun in earnest. Might not be much or last long but, my seven and 10-year-old are having a ball just watching the sleet bounce around. I know that sounds weak but... hey we are in the south, the deep south that that. any little bit we can get Is much appreciate it... Especially for the kiddos !!

It sounds absolutely perfect :wub:  I’m glad the kids are enjoying it and bringing smiles to everyone’s faces ^_^

8 minutes ago, Buckfever2 said:

Look I'm down in Savannah I lose my mind when we get flurries lol

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

18z GFS still showing accumulating snow east of the mountains.... its either wacko , or its on to something... its been fairly consistent.

It’s out to lunch.  I might see flakes flying around at midnight, but no way that verifies.  I have no business looking at the GFS this late anyway.

20 hours ago, Grayman said:

Man Orangeburg I’m a weenie but you might be the king. I would like to see a flake but ....

There is a guy named Ronnie Bobbitt in NC that makes Orangeburg look like a rookie when it comes to being a weenie! Orangeburg is pretty bad though.

• Weenie 1

There is a guy named Ronnie Bobbitt in NC that makes Orangeburg look like a rookie when it comes to being a weenie! Orangeburg is pretty bad though.
Not as bad as I used to be... How bad is Ronnie?

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, BullCityWx said:

I think Bobbitt has been banned from most forums

He’s banned from here, so he can be someone else’s problem  :lol: 

The sref still says there will be a flizzard imby between 06z and 12z. I’m not holding my breath though :grinch:

19 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

He’s banned from here, so he can be someone else’s problem  :lol: 

The sref still says there will be a flizzard imby between 06z and 12z. I’m not holding my breath though :grinch:

Yeah you were probably the one too. Grinch 

5 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

Cannot see anything on this phone. Any update on snow shower chances around Wake County tomorrow?

I think the best chance is gonna be around Noon tomorrow. It’s gonna be a lot like summer though, just not as heavy. Definitely as spotty.

6 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

Cannot see anything on this phone. Any update on snow shower chances around Wake County tomorrow?

Pretty much non existent 

Once the trough axis swings through tonight 

1 minute ago, BullCityWx said:

I think the best chance is gonna be around Noon tomorrow.

Yes, if NWS has it right. Between 10am and 4pm

4 minutes ago, FLweather said:

Yeah you were probably the one too. Grinch 

It wasn’t me :P

3 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

Still looks like the same possibility for lunchtime tomorrow 

8 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

It wasn’t me :P

Still looks like the same possibility for lunchtime tomorrow 

I'll believe that when a 5 million dollar lottery ticket lands in my lap

So far I'm striking out