• Member Statistics

    15,690
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    BillDodson
    Newest Member
    BillDodson
    Joined
Ginx snewx

Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

UPS is ballsy. They came down driveway then got stuck. Then ripped it up the lawn. Oh well, they must know there ain't much grass under there. 7".
4e0d0c0628d43e40b26bb3882a8177ff.jpg

May have aerated that section for you, Might help, Can't be worse............:lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Greg said:

Logan International Airport … 7.1" :snowing:

Yes sir! Officially a 7 spot for the city now.

This was the first storm since I moved here that I've seen the Logan spotter actually be consistent and similar to my measurements. It actually feels accurate after years of under measuring.

Who was it (Jay, maybe?) that said BOX was looking for a new Logan spotter and they were emailing them? Seems like they finally found a competent person that does it right. Measurements for the rest of the season will be interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

I'm working on it now @Ginx snewx Bascially went back on the last 10 pages when the storm stopped used those numbers, now i go through the 3 PNS statements, and thats more than enough points of data for this storm.

Takes about 1.5 hours or so

Just thought I’d tell ya Dylan...all the snow cover is still on the ground here..it didn’t melt away despite the sun out.  It’s very winter looking for sure.  Looking forward to your map pal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Just thought I’d tell ya Dylan...all the snow cover is still on the ground here..it didn’t melt away despite the sun out.  It’s very winter looking for sure.  Looking forward to your map pal. 

Thanks, well here it melted. id say its still a snow cover but its half green, lots of blades of grass showing through everywhere. streets and driveways are dry.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Thanks, well here it melted. id say its still a snow cover but its half green, lots of blades of grass showing through everywhere. streets and driveways are dry.

 

Ya, I figured there it’d be tougher.  100% cover here still due to the increased snow accumulation. Of course streets and driveways are dry and bare here too, as is usually the case when the snow stops early morning, and the sun comes out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple pics for powderfreak....first one is last night of my son helping me clean. The second one is this morning helping me clean again...lol. He's becoming a huge snow weenie

 

IMG_4021.JPG

IMG_4024.JPG

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

A couple pics for powderfreak....first one is last night of my son helping me clean. The second one is this morning helping me clean again...lol. He's becoming a huge snow weenie

 

 

 

how much did you get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

how much did you get

Just under 17 total. Got crushed in round 1 with 9.5, with most of that falling in about 3 hours. Then limped to about an inch yesterday with mood snows most of the day with a few brief moderate bursts. Then had a quick 6 this morning. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just under 17 total. Got crushed in round 1 with 9.5, with most of that falling in about 3 hours. Then limped to about an inch yesterday with mood snows most of the day with a few brief moderate bursts. Then had a quick 6 this morning. 

Wow you averaged at over 3"/hr for 3 hours? That's impressive, it's not hard to get a rate of 3"/hr for short bursts in heavy banding like i did last night for 10-20 minutes but to average that over 3 hours is something. 

17" and you were under a winter weather advisory lol. 8-13" forecast with an advisory is ridiculous.

Did you change over at all to sleet/zr?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Wow you averaged at over 3"/hr for 3 hours? That's impressive, it's not hard to get a rate of 3"/hr for short bursts in heavy banding like i did last night for 10-20 minutes but to average that over 3 hours is something. 

17" and you were under a winter weather advisory lol. 8-13" forecast with an advisory is ridiculous.

Did you change over at all to sleet/zr?

No, I said most of it fell in 3 hours. Prob about 7" of it. 

No, never flipped to sleet amazingly. I thought we were going to but it just dryslotted and even the cruddy echoes in the dryslot were crappy flakes with no ice pellets in there. We may have had a bit of freezing drizzle though in the dryslot during the lowest returns with the SGZ dried out. There was the finest glaze yesterday morning...like it wasn't enough to produce a crust on the snow but I noticed a hint of that "bumpy" ice feel oknthe metal railing outside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

A couple pics for powderfreak....first one is last night of my son helping me clean. The second one is this morning helping me clean again...lol. He's becoming a huge snow weenie

Priceless dude.  Little man shoveling a memorable early season winter storm.

I'm happy for the larger crew here on the forum.  What a solid storm, to historic in some areas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

December 3-5, 2003 was 22" for me over 44 Hours, which is similar to this storm, but that was 22" Total and it was still 20" compact.  The first storm where I used my favorite shovel that I STILL use.  I can still remember the piles!  Vividly on that one!  

 

That was 5X better than this one.  

  • Weenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

December 3-5, 2003 was 22" for me over 44 Hours, which is similar to this storm, but that was 22" Total and it was still 20" compact.  The first storm where I used my favorite shovel that I STILL use.  I can still remember the piles!  Vividly on that one!  

 

That was 5X better than this one.  

Dec 5-7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.