• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

That's one thing I love about our group.  We don't live and die with every run.  

In other news, it is seriously windy tonight!  Several gusts over 50 mph in the last few hours with a max of 59.

Just wait until later today unto into tonight... Windy city baby! Yeah we have a great level headed group. This is the way...

• Like 1

Wind is ripping down here today. It feels like an April afternoon. Growing sorta concerned with the straight line wind potential this evening. It seems like there will be plenty of energy to work with in our area. 

I sure hope the pattern does change do a cold and drier one because it is setting up for serious flooding. I'm closing in on 3 inches quickly and the line isn't here yet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rainforrest said:

I’m up to 5.63 now. 

That's wild. I bet the French Broad will be roaring 

In pigeon forge for the weekend.  Duke text about 3 about power being out. Wind is ripping in Franklin with trees down and power outages. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rainforrest said:

How much rain are we supposed to get next week?  It could start getting bad around here if we get much more. 

Any rain is too much! Earlier in the week the TVa was releasing water from Fontana to make sure the lake could hold all the rain we are supposed to get. 

It used to be a big deal when they released but now its something they have done regularly the past few years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AsheCounty48 said:

This may be a huge shock to some, but the boone mall parking lot is flooded.

That floods when a toilet in the mall backs up.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tyler Penland said:

GFS /euro both with some overrunning late Friday. Gfs is a little more impressive on the snow front but both obviously go to rain.

18z GEFS was quite cold after reading the main thread. This could be interesting.

22 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

The mid range thread is Hilarious.  On the weather side rain, rain and more rain...

At least they stopped posting every 240+hr snow map they could find 4 times a day. It's been entertaining. And I can't tell when Mack is serious and when he's sarcastic, lol.  Maybe it's his profile pic throwing me off. 

I'm optimistic about the upcoming pattern.  I don't think it would take too much tweaking to make next week interesting.  Are the Great Lakes still unfrozen?  Asking for a friend... I'm kinda curious about this weekend too.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

At least they stopped posting every 240+hr snow map they could find 4 times a day. It's been entertaining. And I can't tell when Mack is serious and when he's sarcastic, lol.  Maybe it's his profile pic throwing me off. 

I'm optimistic about the upcoming pattern.  I don't think it would take too much tweaking to make next week interesting.  Are the Great Lakes still unfrozen?  Asking for a friend... I'm kinda curious about this weekend too.  

No I think the upcoming pattern is much more favorable than the one we have currently.  Ill take that look.

5 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

No I think the upcoming pattern is much more favorable than the one we have currently.  Ill take that look.

x2. It looks cold and it looks active. It wouldn't take a lot to turn a 35 degree rain storm into snow in the medium range from here on out and I still think we get a big dog somewhere along the way. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Met1985 said:

The mid range thread is Hilarious.  On the weather side rain, rain and more rain...

Thank God you guys are so much more sensible then they are. They live and die by every model run. But moving on I do feel as if will be tracking at least a mod event by the end of January.