Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

39 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Eh...something will sneak in after the next 7-10 days...at least up here. There's some chamber wx in the extended, but of course COC (depending on one's definition) is starting to become AN.

You've had some chilly highs lately. I had 60.3F and you think I'm an icebox. ;)

60....well 59.5 today. NE breeze though still.  You guys coming into wedge season so will be easy to get cool temps shortly.

The "lensing" that goes on is fascinating - really ...  couple of days of 60s with a shot across the bow feel, and there's a tenor shift right on queue and it's palpable.

Next Wednesday after 3+ days of nearly +18 jammed into the dailies and a sensibly polarizing feel, it'll be interesting to watch as the atmosphere reverses in here, too. 

Is tonight a frost chance?  I wonder if places like Orange Mass.  Maybe the interior bogs of SE zones... typicals in general.   Remember, we can car-top at 37 .. 38 if the wind is dead calm.  Although it may not on the ground in that sort of marginality.  I could see the DP rising to meet the temp somewhere in the low 40s, then...dew out to 38 with 'soft' sponge frost on some car windows.  I've been very proficiently radiating here in the Nashoba valley the last few mornings.  In fact, I've seen 10 F jumps from down here in this valley as near by as 190 S junction at Rt 2 ...  It was 44 the other morning here at my drive way, and 59 on the 290 E bound hill coming out of Worcester ...   I'm think my driveway at dawn is a candidate for the first ... but, it could also be 41 stall - lots of green left out there.

1 minute ago, MetHerb said:

Looks like it's 54 back at my house with a forecast low of 37.  Seems reasonable to me.  I always love this time of year though when the weather stops at the border with advisories.

Frosty this morning here in Maine...

What part are you in, Has to be Northern or Western Maine.

Why doesn’t the eastern slopes of the Berks have a frost advisory but the CT Valley/Springfield does?  

You’d think a lot of those hollows and ponds sitting at 1,000-1,400ft will certainly frost on those east slopes before the I-91 corridor... or is BOX protecting itself from CEF and BAF getting low while literally no one else in that river valley does?  

Deerfield River Valley, places around Beckett, Worthington, etc it literally any place with higher hills around it could certainly frost in that east slope.