• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChrisChinook
    Newest Member
    ChrisChinook

July Banter 2019

7 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Ok so we sweated our cans off last night on the mall, but it was amazing at the Apollo 11 Anniversary projection. I had chills up my arms and our daughters were in awe! It was so worth it. 

I've read it is a pretty cool event. Did you meet up with @WxUSAF?

20 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I've read it is a pretty cool event. Did you meet up with @WxUSAF?

Some of us actually watched it on TV. If you want to call a black and white picture with aluminum rabbit ears made from tin foil a TV. :lol:

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Some of us actually watched it on TV. If you want to call a black and white picture with aluminum rabbit ears made from tin foil a TV. :lol:

We watched it on a huge black and white console tv. I also remember listening to school closings on the combo radio during the Harden and Weaver show during snowstorms. It looked something like this...

IMG_0599.JPG.0578c1eae69281ed263051db6a049860.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

Would of loved to see it on TV. But being the oldest in the family I missed it by 5 years. 

• Like 1

Hey gang - pretty toasty out there today, no doubt.  Now just imagine another 15 or more degrees and even more humidity.  That's New Delhi around this time of year.  HI is off the right end of most the HI charts here in the US.

• Like 2

I think I may be going outright native down here in south central Texas, 98 degrees, 74 dewpoint, and I have been kicking back in the shade on a chair and feeling pretty cool lol. Also, running A/C in my car down here at 84 degrees, feels really cool lmao

• Like 1

Now i know why i stayed inside last friday at work and didn't work outside.  my skin had its own flash flood warning especially on the forehead.

Today was pretty exciting. Decided to hit up the meteorology department at PSU during my State College trip and met Jon Nese was there as a tour guide at the department of meteorology. If anyone knows who he is, he's a former storm analyst for the weather channel.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jebman said:

I think I may be going outright native down here in south central Texas, 98 degrees, 74 dewpoint, and I have been kicking back in the shade on a chair and feeling pretty cool lol. Also, running A/C in my car down here at 84 degrees, feels really cool lmao

Yup and you'll be cold when it gets below 50 this winter! 

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

No fantasy canes :( 

Who cares about fantasy hurricanes?  We only care about fantasy snowstorms here ;)

• Haha 1

Man, just give me some good tropical. I’d love to be in Ocean City in the right front quadrant of a category 2.

”This is WxWatcher007 reporting live from Ocean City where we’re expecting the eyewall to pass in the next 2 hours. I’ve already observed blinding rain, sustained winds of 95mph and a gust to 105. Pressure 980mb and falling. Things will continue to deteriorate. This is awesome.”

Woo, I’m getting goosebumps just writing that.

:weenie::weenie::weenie::weenie::weenie:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Man, just give me some good tropical. I’d love to be in Ocean City in the right front quadrant of a category 2.

”This is WxWatcher007 reporting live from Ocean City where we’re expecting the eyewall to pass in the next 2 hours. I’ve already observed blinding rain, sustained winds of 95mph and a gust to 105. Pressure 980mb and falling. Things will continue to deteriorate. This is awesome.”

Woo, I’m getting goosebumps just writing that.

:weenie::weenie::weenie::weenie::weenie:

CAT 5 or go home. :P

By the way, where are all these hurricanes you promised us? :whistle:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

SHOULDN’T YOU BE HIBERNATING IT’S NOT WINTER SHOWME

I should be. This tracking of non-existent Hurricanes sucks. Following heat waves suck. Tracking summer weather sucks in general and is boring as hell. Much more fun tracking those fantasy snowstorms for days only to see them go poof a day or two before they are supposed to hit. 

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

SHOULDN’T YOU BE HIBERNATING IT’S NOT WINTER SHOWME

i'm so glad you still post here. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

Wouldn't be the same without him. Of course his, 'Hurricane this and Hurricane that' seems a bit obsessive. Don't understand why he can't obsess/meltdown over snow like the rest of us. :lol: 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mappy said:

:hug:

6 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Wouldn't be the same without him. Of course his, 'Hurricane this and Hurricane that' seems a bit obsessive. Don't understand why he can't obsess/meltdown over snow like the rest of us. :lol: 

I just can't love winter in the same way anymore. It has hurt me too much. We're still on speaking terms though and occasionally we take in an event or two together. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

oh but he does, he chases snowstorms. don't let his talk about not loving winter the same way convince you he is not a snow weenie like the rest of us. 

• Like 1