Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm? Jan 18-19th, 2019

cyclone77

7 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Lol... Okay I just did and started laughing with how it zigzags the low all over the place. It can't figure out where the hell it is going.

I tend to reference it for the mid levels when tracking the tropics, with as well, dare I say it, the NAM strictly for steering above 500mb as tropical systems approach the coastline.  :o

6 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Globals vs Hi-Res...We've seen this battle before, but it's been a while. 

I'm kind of puzzled as to which side to choose.  Usually I'd lean towards the hi-res around this time, but the globals seem to be holding their ground.  If the Euro comes in similar to it's previous few runs I really won't know what to think lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, cyclone77 said:

I'm kind of puzzled as to which side to choose.  Usually I'd lean towards the hi-res around this time, but the globals seem to be holding their ground.  If the Euro comes in similar to it's previous few runs I really won't know what to think lol. 

The thing is the globals seem to be drastically different with erratic changes so not sure. Sampling can't come soon enough. Lol

Just now, cyclone77 said:

Globals all the way. I’ll tsle my 3” and LE and run

2 minutes ago, mimillman said:

This will be a winter to remember for central Illinois/Indiana/Missouri. More snow than most northern cities with 2x their annual norms

Perhaps.....but the season started late along the I-70 corridor here in central IN with the snowstorm last Sat.  But I am liking the current trends  for the future.

5 minutes ago, mimillman said:

Globals all the way. I’ll tsle my 3” and LE and run

At some point I'd love to head out that way and get into one of those lake-effect bands.  Other than the meager flurries we'll get from the lake on rare occasion I've never been in a true lake-effect snow band.  

7 minutes ago, Indystorm said:

As of right now unless something changes drastically I am looking at a repeat of last Saturday's 7-8 inches of snow in my area.  Still a bit concerned with 850's though and WAA.

It probably doesn't hurt that the stronger low level jet stays south of Indy.  That being said, I'd still anticipate mixing, but hopefully not too much.  :snowing:

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

It probably doesn't hurt that the stronger low level jet stays south of Indy.  That being said, I'd still anticipate mixing, but hopefully not too much.  :snowing:

The nose gets right up there for a bit but moves on east fairly rapidly  I think points right along I70 in central IN maybe a little north could see some mixing on the onset but hopefully that's it.  We're used to that anyway lol.

3 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

00z UK

us_model-en-087-0_modgbr_2019011700_84_5660_220.thumb.png.12c9ad213c4d260c7030de3491de2fb5.png

Looks like it must be further south with that initial fronto band.  This sort of illustrates that for the DVN area it might actually be better if the whole system ends up south, as it moves the "screw zone" south out of the area.  Interestingly the NAMs don't have this zone of screwage like what the GFS has shown for the past several runs.  It just adds to the uncertainty of how this will evolve.  Guess we'll find out as we go forward lol.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1