Total Members
    Most Online
    luongvandan38
    Newest Member
    luongvandan38
Ralph Wiggum

Winter 2018-19 Banter Thread

54 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

I'm getting old. There was a time I'd roll out of bed in the middle of the night to watch the 0Z Euro roll in. Of course, this was back in the day when the Euro was a lot more stable than it seems today.

I guess after years of tracking, my heart just isn't in it like it once was. Not saying I don't track, but I'm not as invested as I was 10-15 years ago.

I turn the big 50 this coming Fall (Oct)...seen you did this several years ago.

I have/had tons of shiet going on so that's probably part of the reason I'm not as much involved as normal. Maybe enter weenie mode at some point again (not this year).

Snow storms used to be on top of my list by far and still are to an extent but severe weather/t-storms are catching up. I would quit winter right now in exchange for a below normal temp summer w/above average t-storms. (Not a likely combination)

46 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I turn the big 50 this coming Fall (Oct)...seen you did this several years ago.

I have/had tons of shiet going on so that's probably part of the reason I'm not as much involved as normal. Maybe enter weenie mode at some point again (not this year).

Snow storms used to be on top of my list by far and still are to an extent but severe weather/t-storms are catching up. I would quit winter right now in exchange for a below normal temp summer w/above average t-storms. (Not a likely combination)

If this pattern continues into Spring, we could have quite the active severe season. These lows cutting to our west would be a good setup for some severe threats. Already bracing for the -NAO pattern change hitting on MArch 15th though..

7 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

If this pattern continues into Spring, we could have quite the active severe season. These lows cutting to our west would be a good setup for some severe threats. Already bracing for the -NAO pattern change hitting on MArch 15th though..

This would be good.

Not that means all that much but any summer outlooks yet?

I have zero interest in the Sunday night/Monday or Wednesday/Thursday storms. The theme this winter has been for storms to have a less wintry look as we move closer to the event and that theme is continuing. We have been chasing fantasy/digital snow all winter.

• Like 1

Pretty sad the only true SNOW event all season was the November storm pretty much snow from start to finish. I keep hearing Pattern change for March now, Well been hearing about this change every month since December and still waiting. Bring on Striper and Mx season my son is ready to go. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Newman said:

My call like a month ago saying I wasn't worried getting to normal snowfall has been thrown out the window. I need nearly 10" more and I just don't see it. Maybe a 6" storm tops in early March but it'll be too little too late. 

I need around 10” too. Looks like we’ll have an opportunity to get more snow but odds are we come up a little short. But the pattern starting in about a week or so is intriguing so who knows. 

According to the Twitter experts march is gonna be rocking. Because if you're gonna be wrong you might as well be wrong every single month.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, The Iceman said:

According to the Twitter experts march is gonna be rocking. Because if you're gonna be wrong you might as well be wrong every single month.

JB said March 1993 is a strong analog for early March. Just sayin....maybe he found our unicorn. :P

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

JB said March 1993 is a strong analog for early March. Just sayin....maybe he found our unicorn. :P

JB has said that every March since 1994. 

On 2/20/2019 at 5:22 PM, Newman said:

My call like a month ago saying I wasn't worried getting to normal snowfall has been thrown out the window. I need nearly 10" more and I just don't see it. Maybe a 6" storm tops in early March but it'll be too little too late. 

Our normal snowfall is so low that we are above normal for the year at 16. 

NYC and Boston get hammered just like i predicted had to happen lol leaving me in the center of this winters azz hole of least snow

6 minutes ago, RedSky said:

NYC and Boston get hammered just like i predicted had to happen lol leaving me in the center of this winters azz hole of least snow

Have you started working on your 2019-2020 winter forecast yet?