Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2018-19 Banter Thread

Ralph Wiggum

34 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I think it's funny they can't see the writing on the wall when one of their best posters is saying it doesn't look good. With next week looking like a fail, it seems the pac floodgates open again and the winter of azz rolls full steam ahead.

Wouldn't say next week is definitely a fail just yet...hasn't it trended a bit better for us?

13 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Euro is straight up hilarious for Wednesday. everywhere except SE PA and NYC get 3-6". We're left with a coating-2 inches. Meanwhile DC gets rocked... sometimes you gotta know when to fold em on a winter.

Is it just as good as yesterdays 12z screw job? It went back to non screw 0z, we seem to be on a screw-nonscrew 12hr loop, that ultimately lands on screw lol

Zzzzz. Cold for a day or two late this week after some anafront snow showers on Tues-Wed. Maybe a cartopper. Then moderating temps as the displaced PV will be on the move and pulling away. ICON has the weekend storm next week while other models have nixed the idea. ICON has held onto these systems longest and has been last to fold this year so less confident now as the pattern looks to go thru a breakdown. Going to take some luck to get it to recover to a favorable one. We do still have all of Feb so there's that but the broken record winter of azz just keeps plugging along methodically and predictably.

Funny how some folks on social media are saying the 0z Euro, which is the most aggressive model and virtually by itself with Tuesday's snow look, is likely correct yet the same folks are saying the unmitigated disaster in the PAC and subsequently the majority of the US towards the end of that run is wrong. Cherry picking at it's finest lol. Doesnt work like that.

On 1/24/2019 at 2:09 PM, The Iceman said:

agreed. i'm ready for spring. This severe cold, little to no torches, no snow and a ton of rain is a winter of horror. Give me the super nino winter any day of the week since at least it's mild. This is legit the worst pattern possible.

plus super ninos have one mega historic snowstorm!

33 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Funny how some folks on social media are saying the 0z Euro, which is the most aggressive model and virtually by itself with Tuesday's snow look, is likely correct yet the same folks are saying the unmitigated disaster in the PAC and subsequently the majority of the US towards the end of that run is wrong. Cherry picking at it's finest lol. Doesnt work like that.

they might say that but most of our conventional media mets are saying we go into a zonal flow with Pac air right after SB weekend.

• Like 1

If I never see snow in October and November again Ill be thrilled, not sure what the coloration is with early snow and the lack luster winter that follows is but I can do without snow till Late December if it leads to a decent winter. It pains me to think we have a month and a half of this before we start the push towards Spring, I for one am hoping for a milder and drier Early spring.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

If I never see snow in October and November again Ill be thrilled, not sure what the coloration is with early snow and the lack luster winter that follows is but I can do without snow till Late December if it leads to a decent winter. It pains me to think we have a month and a half of this before we start the push towards Spring, I for one am hoping for a milder and drier Early spring.  

EXACTLY!  Halloween 2011 was a nice novelty but the winter that followed was awful.  Nov 2012 okay that was nice too, but winter took a break until February (2012-13 is an analog I've been looking at for this season too).  And now we have the Nov 2018 event.

Winters always seem to go much better when true and sustained cold and snow come in together- which really only happens in December at the earliest.

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

EXACTLY!  Halloween 2011 was a nice novelty but the winter that followed was awful. 

Right after that Oct snow in 2011, my uncle who was an old farmer told me "if you get a snowfall before the first frost it will be a mild winter with little snow".  Words of wisdom I'll never forget.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Birdbean said:

Right after that Oct snow in 2011, my uncle who was an old farmer told me "if you get a snowfall before the first frost it will be a mild winter with little snow".  Words of wisdom I'll never forget.

There's a nice correlation that goes along well with that for snows on or before Nov 15!