Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

3 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

I’m honestly confused (sorry everyone). I’m reading that there’s no real warmup, but the actual meteorologists are saying that we get torched full-tilt on/around the solstice. 

To me it it looks like we’re AN for like a week then ride the line? 

You live in NYC too. I may CAD up here this weekend, but good luck with that down there.

23 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

I’m honestly confused (sorry everyone). I’m reading that there’s no real warmup, but the actual meteorologists are saying that we get torched full-tilt on/around the solstice. 

To me it it looks like we’re AN for like a week then ride the line? 

There’s a high likelihood of a cutter at that time. If not, it’s 40s and rain. So it’s just how much of a suck pattern you want. Does it honestly make a difference?

Just now, CoastalWx said:

There’s a high likelihood of a cutter at that time. If not, it’s 40s and rain. So it’s just how much of a suck pattern you want. Does it honestly make a difference?

I could go for a day of 55/55 so the ground can thaw in front of my coop and I can put in some drainage pipes. :snorkle:

45 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yup...when my wind goes NNW in a coastal I know we're about done. Of course we know how different it is with E flow in the spring. Mank here while powderfreak is talking about blue skies and warmth.

I notice it a lot less here east of the Greens.  We get a lot more east flow stratus than I'd like.  When I lived west of the mountains in Richmond and BTV, those east flow mank days were downslope dandies.  

It can be sunny and 70F at BTV, while it's OVC and 55F at MVL, with drizzle at the ski resort...and then you are misery mist and 48F.  Unfortunately I don't remember a ton of days when I'm in the sunshine on east flow in the spring, the divide is usually literally at the summit ridge.  Wish it weren't, lol.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Merry Christmas on the 18z gfs. Shows you what happens when the cold digs south first. 

A 15 day OP Run...geez Scott,  I know you are really into trolling the weenies of late ( more so than I’ve ever seen you do), but does anybody really think even remotely seriously what a 15 day 18z GFS run shows more then two weeks from today???  

I dont think anybody can possibly know what the 25th holds at this point...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah much different in the tropics there. But if it’s 45 vs 55 and rain, who the fook really cares? 78blizz seems to root for a cooler rain. 

I mean if you don't have a snowpack you want to protect, I'd root warmest possible.  

Bare ground and 55F is a better day than bare ground and 43F.  

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

A 15 day OP Run...geez Scott,  I know you are really into trolling the weenies of late ( more so than I’ve ever seen you do), but does anybody really think even remotely seriously what a 15 day 18z GFS run shows more then two weeks from today???  

I dont think anybody can possibly know what the 25th holds at this point...

You guys are reading into his posts WAY too much.  

You can bet your life he isn't taking it seriously.  

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I mean if you don't have a snowpack you want to protect, I'd root warmest possible.  

Bare ground and 55F is a better day than bare ground and 43F.  

I'm rooting for a bn December, so 43°F is a better day than 55° from my perspective.  I don't think I'm the only one rooting for that.  The snows will come when they come.

I think he needs to read my post again. Wasn’t even a troll post. “Shows you what happens when the cold digs south first.”

But you are trolling more than you ever have so all posts must be read as an attack on snow.  lol.

WinterWolf doesn't want to see how it could rain on December 25th, come on now!

• Haha 1

I think he needs to read my post again. Wasn’t even a troll post. “Shows you what happens when the cold digs south first.”

Oh I got it Scott...and I agree with that idea about what happens when the cold is digging south first. 

But sometimes the constant innuendo’s of a warm binge is coming all the time is just as bad as the ACATT calls..that’s all.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

But you are trolling more than you ever have so all posts must be read as an attack on snow.  lol.

There’s a weird push for non-facts lately. Sort of like this push of fake news and lack of facts from our president. Maybe it’s the “in”thing?

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Oh I got it Scott...and I agree with that idea about what happens when the cold is digging south first. 

But sometimes the constant innuendo’s of a warm binge is coming all the time is just as bad as the ACATT calls..that’s all.

You’ll know when I’m joking. I think it’s pretty obvious embellishing. :lol: 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

We do this every time when you whip out the 2m bar graphs. I haven't had a chance to look at much today, but usually these verify with an "over". We'll revisit the chart in a week.

What's so different than you pimping MOS give me a break. Wonder why you haven't fact checked the last chart I posted

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I really don’t care if it rains here on the 25th..of course I’d love for it to be more wintry than that, but as long as Northern Maine stays cold and wintry...that’s my concern at this point...heading up for some sledding day after Xmas. 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There’s a weird push for non-facts lately. Sort of like this push of fake news and lack of facts from our president. Maybe it’s the “in”thing?

15 day 18z GFS run is hardly facts.  I appreciate your candor and honest professional opinions all the time.  So keep that coming...love the honest facts, not the constant busting all the time.  

But that’s just me.

Lol panic peeps showing their colors. Lets shoot for a full moon goon storm on the Solstice as we finally kick off the official start to winter. I know seems weird but most of us in SNE snow the most between Dec 21 and March 21. ORH is still above normal snow season to date with their 9 inch total. Peeps need patience 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol panic peeps showing their colors. Lets shoot for a full moon goon storm on the Solstice as we finally kick off the official start to winter. I know seems weird but most of us in SNE snow the most between Dec 21 and March 21. ORH is still above normal snow season to date with their 9 inch total. Peeps need patience 

I was actually wondering that... even if it doesn't snow the rest of the month will anyone in SNE be above normal snow from the Novie snows?