Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

12 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Wicked storm next week with rain and wind with snow to our south lol.

Not a bad setup for snow on the 18

I think that cutter or very unusual trajectory of that storm will be the one that reshuffles the pattern back to more favorable conditions for snow lovers and traditional winter enthusiast. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

It would pretty almost unheard of for the pattern not to flip to much colder at some point by February. Only the super ninos seem to have warm/mild the way through. Other ninos tend to flip either in January or February. 

Weaker modoki ninos are even more likely to flip and usually it's a harsher period of cold/snow too. 

I don't think the pattern locks until mid January, but I'm not saying its going to be 2006-07 until then....there will be no period like that season and we will have snow events between now and mid January, but I think that is when winter's harshest stretch sets in. The pattern may be a bit variable until then.

Like other's, I think the last week of the year is out next real event...not unlike 2004.

35 minutes ago, Zach’s Pop said:

For the EPS’s huggers 

4BE710D8-BC6D-4702-B4D9-6959BB384C5C.jpeg

What about for GEFS? I’d be careful of using the past 90 days to predict a two week period in a different season is going to bias warm. I’d say the same for any guidance. It’s also not just about temperature. The H5 hemispheric pattern needs to be taken into account too. 

36 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro is a little better with the inv trough. Would give the cape a little snow verbatim compared to 00z. Hopefully that builds and the gfs holds onto it.

Theres def some intense shortwaves in the flow next week. There's another one right behind it that tries to give some light snow for Thursday. Wouldn't be shocking if some measurable snows happen somewhere...esp for coastal areas. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Lots of model volatility run to run. When does the torch start. 

12/14ish? 

The storm is def all over the place but its probably going to be warm regardless of where it tracks. We lose the polar jet up into Canada for a time. 

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

It would pretty almost unheard of for the pattern not to flip to much colder at some point by February. Only the super ninos seem to have warm/mild the way through. Other ninos tend to flip either in January or February. 

Weaker modoki ninos are even more likely to flip and usually it's a harsher period of cold/snow too. 

Oh Will, you know how this game goes...weenies will ride this post or die...cant wait to see what form this post comes back in...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Theres def some intense shortwaves in the flow next week. There's another one right behind it that tries to give some light snow for Thursday. Wouldn't be shocking if some measurable snows happen somewhere...esp for coastal areas. 

Could we be talking about advisory level snows or warning snows Will?

Watch this third arctic shortwave in the northern stream flow, it could amplify and dig south of the region, this could provide the area with its own snow shield and moisture source from the ocean storm that develops in 48 hours over the NC coastline or just offshore.  Watch this system midweek, could be very interesting.