Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November/December Medium/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Just so no one confuses my discussions I am not making any predictions and even the options are far fetched at this range...I just like analysis and discussing the possibilities...but there is no way to even guess at details at this range.  Everything is on the table right now.  

Exactly. We're just tossing around ideas based on data at hand. No confidence in any one solution. It does seem like things are trending towards a mixed event for most if things work out ok. The depth and staying power of the cold has backed off quite a bit since we first started talking about this. 

GEFS still split mostly evenly between all rain, southern slider, nothing, or a winter storm of some sort for our region. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

New GFS is a big storm and a hit, but isn't out far enough to convince me it doesn't cut west of us.

Its a more consolidated system with the stj wave and the upper level trough.  I like that but it might be coming together a bit too early for what we want.  Too consolidated too far west isnt any good either.  So many ways to fail.  That said... I think given the cold in place in front... a consolidated system is the way to go because even with a west track we probably would get a front end thump in that scenario.  A convoluted long duration event with multiple waves opens the door to a total fail more imo.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Exactly. We're just tossing around ideas based on data at hand. No confidence in any one solution. It does seem like things are trending towards a mixed event for most if things work out ok. The depth and staying power of the cold has backed off quite a bit since we first started talking about this. 

GEFS still split mostly evenly between all rain, southern slider, nothing, or a winter storm of some sort for our region. 

This post screams confidence and certainty.  Lock it in that it will snow in 8 days.  Everyone can relax now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I like that there are still some snow solutions south of us...  given the time of year seeing this turn into a rain event is a much bigger threat then a snowstorm to our south.  Anything is possible but I would bet against that.  

PS: I am not so sure the cold has backed off so much as some models are introducing different evolutions.  The FV3 is still plenty cold in front but the whole trough goes neutral too early and we end up on the warm side.  We still get a decent front end thump but then a lot of rain.  The GFS and GGEM have a wonky double wave solution and the upper level trough stalls to our west and ruins the mid levels and then draws the system inland.  The majority of the EPS still held a colder look like the fv3 but some had a less then ideal track which can wreck even a good antecedent air mass.  

Just now, psuhoffman said:

At 192 euro is cold. Plenty cold enough for antecedent conditions as the storm approached. Also the trough is healthy looking but not as far west as the fv3. Could be a good run incoming. 

Yeah, this is a pretty good look

EE1B1914-850D-4FC4-89E7-8EEF4A74CBFD.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dallen7908 said:

Man that H is in a hurry to move out; 1035H north of Bermuda as precipitation reaches DC; 

If its 1041, its not just gonna scoot skidaddle outta here.  I'd just focus on track at this juncture, and on an op run, thats not very narrow in scope.  Looks to be a doozy nontheless.  verbatim, I'd take the GFS track an climo and see what falls where.  Its just 1 run in way out there land.   

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic