Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

59 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Edit: Those phuckers have it blanked out it appears. That's day 2 of that. 

I would post it but nah, ya know maps and charts but suffice to say Congrats Dendrite,  Gene, Alex, Jeffafafa,  Marky Mark,Tamarack Tim, Mr Eaves, PF, Jspin, Eric etc etc oh wait that's more than 3 better stop

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I read the boards and watch intently but don't post very much because it's just not that interesting for the rest of the 100 posters.  

Gronk spike it and rub it in everyone's faces is my motto. None of this passive Barry Sanders hand-the-ball-off-to-the-ref nonsense.

• Haha 1

Just now, dendrite said:

Gronk spike it and rub it in everyone's faces is my motto. None of this passive Barry Sanders hand-the-ball-off-to-the-ref nonsense.

After 20 years living in Metro Boston and fighting rain/snow lines and wishing I was up at Worcester Airport we just bit the bullet and bought the hilltop house up here and moved north to enjoy "real" weather.  Works out great except for some years when  coastal after coastal goes just outside the benchmark and we have heavy virga while SNE gets creamed!

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

After 20 years living in Metro Boston and fighting rain/snow lines and wishing I was up at Worcester Airport we just bit the bullet and bought the hilltop house up here and moved north to enjoy "real" weather.  Works out great except for some years when  coastal after coastal goes just outside the benchmark and we have heavy virga while SNE gets creamed!

You'll miss "real" storms though. Like 3" an hour and 55kt winds.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

giphy.gif

EPS still has you in the 6" mean contour, but of course you'll be awfully close to the edge. More members have 6+ (13) than have nothing (3) for CON.

Rather disheartening for snow and cold lovers such as myself if this is true from Cranky on Twitter 

Long Range Weather

1125-022.jpg 

Been talking about it plenty even prior to our parade of cold snaps. The Asia jet is now the Pacific jet and it is a strong zonal one.

We have a full basin moderate to trending strong El Nino. Our rather classic split flow.

The shitty NAO ensures we have cutters and not an endless parade of I-95 blizzards as twitter always intends to mislead you to. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

??

Scott,  what would you prefer.  Posting every 30 minutes that it is pounding up here or seriously is that just rubbing it in?  The other choice is just post in the NNE thread.  Truthfully I feel Im in CNE.  NNE begins at the base of the Whites 20 miles further north.  (but that is a whole other debate that has gone round and round)

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I would post it but nah, ya know maps and charts but suffice to say Congrats Dendrite,  Gene, Alex, Jeffafafa,  Marky Mark,Tamarack Tim, Mr Eaves, PF, Jspin, Eric etc etc oh wait that's more than 3 better stop

20 years from now I'll be having back surgery like you after a rooster attack, you'll be in a nursing home looking through online scrolls, weathafella will be in his 90s and still talking about some girl he banged back in the 60s, weatherwiz will still be asking for help on a thermodynamics quiz, and we'll have a poster named "Damage in Jackson" asking CoastalWx, ORHwxman, and BryceWx how it looks for the Conway area and that it will be all snow for rt112-north.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, leo2000 said:

Rather disheartening for snow and cold lovers such as myself if this is true from Cranky on Twitter 

Long Range Weather

1125-022.jpg 

Been talking about it plenty even prior to our parade of cold snaps. The Asia jet is now the Pacific jet and it is a strong zonal one.

We have a full basin moderate to trending strong El Nino. Our rather classic split flow.

The shitty NAO ensures we have cutters and not an endless parade of I-95 blizzards as twitter always intends to mislead you to. 

He doesn’t know a thing. Hope you don’t pay any attn to his forecasts

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leo2000 said:

Long Range Weather

1125-022.jpg 

Yeah, I’ll bet against that.  No offense, but I haven really seen a correct call from him ever. So meh.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

20 years from now I'll be having back surgery like you after a rooster attack, you'll be in a nursing home looking through online scrolls, weathafella will be in his 90s and still talking about some girl he banged back in the 60s, weatherwiz will still be asking for help on a thermodynamics quiz, and we'll have a poster named "Damage in Jackson" asking CoastalWx, ORHwxman, and BryceWx how it looks for the Conway area and that it will be all snow for rt112-north.

From your mouth to the good lords ears.....

5 minutes ago, leo2000 said:

Long Range Weather

1125-022.jpg 

Looks cold for eastern Canada. Nice.

6 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Scott,  what would you prefer.  Posting every 30 minutes that it is pounding up here or seriously is that just rubbing it in?  The other choice is just post in the NNE thread.  Truthfully I feel Im in CNE.  NNE begins at the base of the Whites 20 miles further north.  (but that is a whole other debate that has gone round and round)

When SNE gets shutout I just post obs in the NNE thread. When everyone is included I usually end up in the storm thread. Don't be afraid to post...keep'em coming.

11 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I prefer you and everyone else up there, post. Nobody just give a flying fook about offending anyone. It's weather. I'll be curious to see how this works out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, leo2000 said:

Long Range Weather

1125-022.jpg 

How did Cat 1 Michael work out?

24 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

You think when you are smoking cirrus that folks south of the Pike are worried about posting snow obs because it may offend you?  :lol: 

Or mid-Atlantic folks are worried about hurting SNE feelings if it's snowing there and not north?  

• Like 1