Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August dawgs are barking ... but it looks like the month may split

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Boy the euro guidance completely shat itself the other day for Sunday and Monday. I mean epic fail. Glad I sold that. It's nice to see when humans can detect the fecal forecasts from models every now and then. 

Did not want to let go of the washout. Warm season precip forecasts FTL.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

It will dry out later this week. It's a nice COC stretch coming up I'd say overall. Cooler on the coast. 

Well of course a dry down is coming later in the week. We’ve had 2 straight months of 70+ dews. A break had to happen at some point. But how come no talk of the next big heatwave/ furnace pattern Aug 26 and on into September?

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well of course a dry down is coming later in the week. We’ve had 2 straight months of 70+ dews. A break had to happen at some point. But how come no talk of the next big heatwave/ furnace pattern Aug 26 and on into September?

Because most have had enough. Hopefully winter is a torch.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Feels autumnal right now.

Here in the interior I've been toying with that characteristic with our 75/58...

It's tough to acquiesce to that comparison entirely as that combination seems it should still be a bit on the warm side.

I think it's relative to acclimation states and where we've suffered the last ...60 some odd days ... This may be the coolest apparent temperature since ..one of those cool episodes in the -2 June we had.  It wasn't hot the whole way since...no, but particularly over the last month -

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Here in the interior I've been toying with that characteristic with our 75/58...

It's tough to acquiesce to that comparison entirely as that combination seems it should still be a bit on the warm side.

I think it's relative to acclimation states and where we've suffered the last ...60 some odd days ... This may be the coolest apparent temperature since ..one of those cool episodes in the -2 June we had.  It wasn't hot the whole way since...no, but particularly over the last month -

Agree for the most part.  As night is falling though the breeze is cool.  Like 70s in February it’s too early and heat shall return.

I wonder if we'll end up jammed to the Berk's with strata ...even sub-drizzle mist by dawn...

Though this wasn't technically a backdoor boundary, this air mass certainly is acting like it behind the boundary ...now pushed deep into the mid Atlantic...  The high is parked and retreating a slow eroded death for the next two days, while imparting a low level slice of steeply inverted air mass from the ENE.  Heights remain high... Thicknesses (500 mb) remain on the elevated side... yet, this result/sensible underneath is classic New England butt sore air mass from NS -

37 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Euro op with a sneaky BD d8-10. May not verify, but we have plenty of ways to ruin a big heat signal so don't Gronk spike it yet. The GFS keeps sneaking fronts in around the periphery of the ridge too.

you can see that very well on the GEFS  5 day  surface temp and 850 anomaly charts. 

gfs-ens_T850aMean_us_12 - Copy.png

gfs-ens_T2maMean_us_12 - Copy.png

If you can take a long weekend and love sunny beautiful weather with low humidity, this is probably the one you want to take.

Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 78.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 57.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 81.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 60.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 81.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 62.