• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
George BM

July Discobs Thread

I ended up with 1.28 from the event. Very happy about it. A little bit of rain we had the last two days actually made a difference to the lawns before this rain came. Something about Nature's rain feeds the landscape much better than any water from the hose.

37 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Looks like HRRR wants to bring those storm in southern PA down through central MD. 

Yup... STW issued for C MD up by HGR... wonder if they will reach the DC region

16 minutes ago, yoda said:

Yup... STW issued for C MD up by HGR... wonder if they will reach the DC region

Frederick looks inline.  Wish it would hit here lol

Hear a lot of thunder to my west . 

this is the windiest storm i’ve had all summer—my plants on the deck are knocked over and some are broken now. there has been some big thunder and lightning but it’s pretty disorganized overhead. 

it looked cool coming in though: 

474EA088-6A66-4CDF-A633-51F5E376D50A.jpeg

20 minutes ago, batmanbrad said:

if that line holds together and keeps moving (35MPH according to the latest severe weather statement from NWS), the latter part of the ASG could be impacted...

Looks like its falling apart a lil bit... but we shall see

12 minutes ago, yoda said:

Looks like its falling apart a lil bit... but we shall see

Yes, they are letting the STW expire, but still, pretty solid line - I'll guess it will have some impact (game is only in the 3rd inning right now) probably between 10:30PM and 11PM.  Saw some video from the ballpark when the heavy stuff hit in mid afternoon there, ground crew did a good job of keeping the field playable.

distant heat lightning has been visible for a few hours now off ocean city maryland

• Like 1

Good looking, severe warned t-storm was heading right for my dusty, cracked yard around 9 PM last night, but rapidly split and went poof literally a couple miles away.  Ended up with just 0.2 for the day, and sitting at a whopping 0.5 for the whole month.

Beautiful morning. Picked up .25" yesterday. Well, at least I got one evening off from watering the garden. Should be dry as a bone by this evening. 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Nice comfortable morning ....61/60

.37" total yesterday 

Yeah its pretty nice out. I am headed to the beach for a couple days. Weather should be absolutely perfect. Forecast highs of 81 today and 79 tomorrow.

• Like 2

I have nearly 1.5 for the month, all since Sunday afternoon. I was fortunate. Even though places just to my East and North are pushing 4 inches for the 3-day period. Dale City and Woodbridge into southern Fairfax got the brunt. MN Trans and I were on the edges. In between us got crushed (Matt/Yoda).

Finally broke the moisture cap in my part of Balt City at 10:30 last night. Got a good downpour for 30 minutes or so. Much, much needed.

Looks REALLY wet on the modeling for a lot of the area starting Saturday and for a lot of days after that, from what I can see...

• Like 1

Pretty good WAR, gets the immediate coastline and New England under those 591 dm heights... Days of rain

weird pattern lol

24 minutes ago, JWilliam9830 said:

Pretty good WAR, gets the immediate coastline and New England under those 591 dm heights... Days of rain

weird pattern lol

I was hoping for some thunderstorms while at VA Beach next week since I don't get them at home but, uh, careful what you wish for? :o