• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

PrinceFrederickWx

April 7-8 snow event

Just now, Philadelphia Snow said:

Kind of early but gfs May be even further south.

Looks to be the great lakes low. We might be both jumping the gun, but I see it

5ac59b54a63fd_gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_fh42_trend(1).thumb.gif.1c68f2d93cb30407b4bb23699ba1773c.gif

1 hour ago, H2O said:

We’ve had the north trend, the dry trend and the happy hour trend.  What’s left?  The cancel trend?

The 'DC and the Mid Atlantic is going to set a new snow record in April 2018' trend.

• Like 1

Yea, gfs is a great run. Sure, less qpf but we're still not inside of 48. This is a big battle of spring and winter air. The war zone is going to produce. No doubt in my mind. Such and interesting event.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Gfs bought us more room. Heh. More convinced that jumping on trends and the euro was premature. Very good to see. I'm becoming a believer. 

Yup... its Snowing in Richmond at hr 66 on 00z GFS

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Fringed :(

Right where we both want it though right? We may both be right in this one. 12z tomorrow should end big jumps. If we're both striped then this one is probably for real. I think the chances of your getting fringed is pretty low. The chance of me getting fringed with the r/s line is higher 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Right where we both want it though right? We may both be right in this one. 12z tomorrow should end big jumps. If we're both striped then this one is probably for real. I think the chances of your getting fringed is pretty low. The chance of me getting fringed with the r/s line is higher 

Yea I'm happy with where things are right now. These almost always bleed north in the end. We're still 60 hours out. That's a long ways. 12z was getting a bit close for comfort. I like the breathing room now. 

But...I don't want to see it continue shifting south now either. Keep the axis just south for now. 

Black and white maps on the 00z CMC look decent for our area
Can't afford decent in April
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ji said:
5 minutes ago, yoda said:
Black and white maps on the 00z CMC look decent for our area

Can't afford decent in April

At least 10mm from what I can see

10 minutes ago, Ji said:

The 00z Audi is snowy Monday morning

The high tire pressure to the north is pressing into the low oil pressure to the south. Need more horsepower though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2