Newest Member
    joxey
March 12th - 13th The It's Not Coming Storm Part 2

Rjay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

still moderate snow here in white plains, some sleet may be mixed in, it was stinging while cleaning the car off.

Had a few minutes of under 1/4 mile vis near stew leonards a few minutes ago, def still moderate too.

20 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

I have had 3 set up recently. One for proper measurements, and 2 for depth. One gets sun most of the day, the other averages a few hours of late afternoon sun. 

Had almost 2" on the proper one before i left a little while ago. 

I have 2 boards, one for proper measurements and one for depth. I have my Stratus mounted on a post, the bottom of which I painted for snow depth too. 

5 minutes ago, Edubbs83 said:

I know it’s different climatology in ss of LI. But always amazed to hear how different the snow experience can be down there in these marginal situations in terms accumulation. 

With marginal temps, the North Shore can be more like New England.

Just now, jm1220 said:

Nothing on pavement here, not much more than a solid coating on cold surfaces. Coming down light to moderate. 

I'm going to bust big time on Long Island. Thought for sure that the banding would be intense enough to give almost the whole island 6"+.

9 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Nothing on pavement here, not much more than a solid coating on cold surfaces. Coming down light to moderate. 

the radar looks interesting for us - wonder if the western band can move west 5-10 miles and sit for a few hours (like always happens to our west)

Just now, NJwx85 said:

I'm going to bust big time on Long Island. Thought for sure that the banding would be intense enough to give almost the whole island 6"+.

The rates just aren't good enough here to really start accumulating, and it looks like the banding is pushing east slowly. I'm not expecting much more here, at least accumulation. 

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived