• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PJAshtabulaCo
    Newest Member
    PJAshtabulaCo
40/70 Benchmark

The King Regains its Throne

Ok, no doubt about it this time, multiple transformers just blew up in the area.  Bright blue flashes across the sky, followed by the unmistakable buzz sound of electricity.  Pretty impressive.  With all of the attention and crews still working down on the South Shore, I have a feeling National Grid is going to have a tough time restoring power in a lot of places in a short period of time.  This could be days for some folks.  

Dumping snow here at the moment, as heavy as it's been all night. 

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Oh it was possible, but not probable. Parts of southern NY and northern NJ were also snowing last night at this time. You really need the duration to get those amounts, and New England didn't have it for the most part.

Very true. Duration obviously helps for any blockbuster event. Yes it was snowing here last night (I happened to be visiting family) but it was no more than 3 in from it in the morning. What delivered the 2 feet was a deathband that decided to move in at 12pm and stay there for 7-8hrs puking 2-3in/hr rates

Wow, .6" cement the past hour. Totals will underperform but some good high impact snow to finish the night.   Nice walk with the dogs, like walking through sand.

4 minutes ago, White Rain said:

This area should hit 18-20” I think. Many 12-13” reports as of a couple hours ago and it’s been snowing heavily. It has been a great storm here.

3A5E5998-01EE-4BDE-B889-20FDE52E303C.thumb.jpeg.22c99de6f78775274deee5df24278e26.jpeg

Wow very nice. Worcester Hills FTW. Everywhere else will be a lot lower

18 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Apparently this is the jackpot section.  And I refuse to believe 5" Per Hour rates.  This is no historic storm.  It take mate big daddy's to get 4"+.  

IMG_2253.PNG

Lol, guess you can ignore our long time met poster Mitch then

Really nice band rolling northwest off the water now for coastal Maine. There is going to be some meat in that.

Power outages should start taking a nice tick up too.

All I hear is trees and branches coming down gonna be a mess in the AM lost power briefly but keeps flickering we hope we stay on.

Well, consolation prize here with the rotting deform band. Couldn't believe it, measured at 1:15 and had about a quarter inch on the board then measured just now at 3:15 and had shade under 2.5" of pure fluff. Where were those ratios earlier?

1 hour ago, White Rain said:

This area should hit 18-20” I think. Many 12-13” reports as of a couple hours ago and it’s been snowing heavily. It has been a great storm here.

3A5E5998-01EE-4BDE-B889-20FDE52E303C.thumb.jpeg.22c99de6f78775274deee5df24278e26.jpeg

Wow that looks just like my deck, I had to look twice... didn't do do my next cleaning yet on the board, but eyeballing 3 new.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I had Weymouth with 3-6".

I'm out...night.

This storm sucked

Only 4 inches here

Forecasted and modeled to get 8-12 inches.

I have to regrettably admit. The low really hit the brakes and stalled out right when I didn't expect it to. Obviously we aren't in the best of it, but should help to get over 6".

Lunenburg strikes again...

...Worcester County...
   Lunenburg             14.1   142 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter         
   Leicester             13.0  1053 PM  3/07  Ham Radio               
   Sterling              13.0  1145 PM  3/07  Ham Radio               
   Holden                12.5  1212 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter         
   Clinton               12.1  1210 AM  3/08  General Public          
   Millbury              11.5   100 AM  3/08  Social Media            
   Westborough           11.4  1208 AM  3/08  NWS Employee